Endoscopy CNA/MA/EMT - Full-Time
- 415 N Center St, Hickory, NC 28601, USA
Gastroenterology Associates, P.A. was founded in 1996 with 2 Physicians and 3 employees. We have grown over the last 20 years to a group with 8 board certified physicians, 3 Mid-level providers and over 70 employees. Our practice is the premier Gastroenterology group in the Hickory metropolitan area, providing care for patients from a multi-county area covering a 50 mile radius. We operate a state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgery Center that has been recognized for outstanding quality by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). Our ambulatory endoscopy facility is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and each year performs several thousand endoscopy exams safely in a comfortable outpatient setting. In addition to providing excellent outpatient Gastroenterology care, all of our providers are affiliated with Catawba Valley Medical Center and Frye Regional Medical Center, where we provide inpatient services.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Physicians with procedures. Assist with cleaning and preparing rooms between procedures, and set up appropriate equipment.
- Transport/escort patients to and from prep, procedure, and recovery room.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of rooms between procedures.
- Ensure specimens are entered into the EHR and maintains procedure logs and pathology tracking.
- Complete and document adverse events, infection control and quality control measures as required.
- Enter patient information into report writing system.
- Prepare hazardous waste for pick up by vendor and maintain waste destruction log.
- Assist with cleaning and disinfecting of endoscopes and accessories in Endoscopy Unit.
- Prepare accessory equipment for sterilization and perform sterilization as required. Ensure documentation of disinfection process.
- Document treatment and specimen information in procedure rooms.
- Restocking of equipment and supplies in procedure rooms.
- Perform clerical duties as needed.
The following are the minimum requirements necessary to adequately perform this job:
Education: High School Diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required,
Current CNA, CMA, or Surgical Tech License required
Work Experience: Minimum of one year as a CNA, Surgical Tech, or Medical Assistant in a busy medical practice, preferably procedure room. Vital signs, venipuncture, capillary, and injection current experience .
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of health care and medical office protocols / procedures
• Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families
• Knowledge of EMR and general computer systems
• Skill in performing medical assistant tasks appropriately
• Skill in tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions
• Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families
• Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures
• Ability to project a pleasant and professional image
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks
• Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others
• Ability to handle problem situations effectively and discreetly
• Thorough knowledge of English language, spoken and written
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to communicate well with verbal instruction, in person and on the phone
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting boxes and equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Requires correct vision and hearing to normal range
- Requires occasional bending, twisting, squatting and kneeling in office
Reports To: Clinical Manager
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure: Category I.
This position requires tasks that involve actual or potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues. Universal precautions apply (all people should be assumed to be
infectious for blood borne pathogens and take universal precautions to prevent communicable disease transmission).