Registered Nurse/RN: Infusion
Gastroenterology Associates, P.A. was founded in 1996 with 2 Physicians and 3 employees. We have grown over the last 20 years to a group with 8 board certified physicians, 6 Mid-level providers and over 80 employees. Our practice is the premier Gastroenterology group in the Hickory metropolitan area, providing care for patients from a multi-county area covering a 50 mile radius. We operate a state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgery Center that has been recognized for outstanding quality by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). Our ambulatory endoscopy facility is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and each year performs several thousand endoscopy exams safely in a comfortable outpatient setting. In addition to providing excellent outpatient Gastroenterology care, all of our providers are affiliated with Catawba Valley Medical Center and Frye Regional Medical Center, where we provide inpatient services.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assess and evaluate patient needs to plan for and implement supportive nursing care before, during, and after infusion therapy.
- Communicate patient status to physician or appropriate healthcare member.
- Maintain environment to provide safe, clean, and orderly care.
- Assess, evaluate, and accurately record patient's pre and post infusion status including vital signs.
- Ensure availability of emergency equipment and inspects crash cart as assigned.
- Initiate emergency measures as indicated.
- Helps to coordinate patient scheduling. Ensures that documentation in charts/EMR is accurate and that paperwork is in correct order.
- Provide pre and post infusion procedure patient teaching and discharge instructions.
- Ensure security of medications
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and role with all safety plans. Participate in fire and emergency drills.
- Function within the legal limits of nursing practice. Maintain license and certifications.
- Offer quality patient care.
- Triage and prioritize phone calls based on standards of care and best practice.
- Monitor drug therapy and identify drug-related problems such as drug-drug interaction, adverse reactions; take appropriate steps to resolve drug related problems.
- Administer infusion therapies such as biologics and/or iron replacements via a patient vein or peripherally inserted central catheters.
- Accurately administer medications orally, IM, sub-q and IV.
- Responsible to Clinical manager
- Assignments received from: Physicians, Department Manager
- Nature of supervision received: Direct/Indirect
- Positions supervised and nature of supervision: None
- Interaction with: patients, other office staff, physicians, and patients' family members
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to communicate well with verbal instruction, in person and on the phone
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifiting boxes and equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Requires correct vision and hearing to normal range
- Requires occasional bending, twisting, squatting and kneeling in office
- This position requires tasks that involve actual or potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues. Universal precautions apply (all people should be assumed to be infectious for blood borne pathogens and take universal precautions to prevent communicable disease transmission).
- Education Required: MUST be a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina
- Work Experience: Previous working experience in healthcare setting.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate working knowledge with all safety plans
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communications
- Demonstrated patient care skills
- Effective organization and multi-tasking abilities
- Working knowledge with an EMR
- Ability to attain desired results
- Ability to resolve problems and attend to all patient needs
- Ability to work well in a team
- BLS certification required
Gastroenterology Associates, P.A. offers a competitive wage and benefits. Opportunity for Growth.