Endoscopy Tech PRN/Part-time
- 415 N Center St, Hickory, NC 28601, USA
Founded in 1996, Gastroenterology Associates, P.A. is a specialty medical practice which provides advanced evaluation of diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, pancreas, billary system (gallbladder and bile ducts), and liver. All seven physicians are board-certified in gastroenterology. The physicians are GI specialists who are experts in endoscopy and committed to delivering high quality medical care in a comfortable, caring environment. Gastroenterology Associates features a state-of-the-art endoscopy facility that is recognized for outstanding quality measures by the American Society for gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC), and is licensed by Medicare and the State of North Carolina. The physicians of Gastroenterology Associates are affiliated with Frye Regional Medical Center, and Catawba Valley Medical Center.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Physicians with procedures. Assist with cleaning and preparing rooms between procedures, and set up appropriate equipment.
- Transport/escort patients to and from prep, procedure, and recovery room.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of rooms between procedures.
- Ensure specimens are entered into the EHR and maintains procedure logs and pathology tracking.
- Complete and document adverse events, infection control and quality control measures as required.
- Enter patient information into report writing system.
- Prepare hazardous waste for pick up by vendor and maintain waste destruction log.
- Assist with cleaning and disinfecting of endoscopes and accessories in Endoscopy Unit.
- Prepare accessory equipment for sterilization and perform sterilization as required. Ensure documentation of disinfection process.
- Document treatment and specimen information in procedure rooms.
- Restocking of equipment and supplies in procedure rooms.
- Perform clerical duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following are the minimum requirements necessary to adequately perform this job:
Education: High School Diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required,
Current CNA, CMA, or Surgical Tech License required
Work Experience: Minimum of one year as a CNA, Surgical Tech, or Medical Assistant in a busy medical practice, preferably procedure room. Vital signs, venipuncture, capillary, and injection current experience .
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of health care and medical office protocols / procedures
• Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families
• Knowledge of EMR and general computer systems
• Skill in performing medical assistant tasks appropriately
• Skill in tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions
• Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families
• Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures
• Ability to project a pleasant and professional image
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks
• Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others
• Ability to handle problem situations effectively and discreetly
• Thorough knowledge of English language, spoken and written
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to communicate well with verbal instruction, in person and on the phone
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting boxes and equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Requires correct vision and hearing to normal range
- Requires occasional bending, twisting, squatting and kneeling in office
Reports To: Endo Director
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure: Category I.
This position requires tasks that involve actual or potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues. Universal precautions apply (all people should be assumed to be
infectious for blood borne pathogens and take universal precautions to prevent communicable disease transmission).