Accounts Receivable & Collections Specialist
- 1 Overhead Way, Warwick, RI 02888, USA
At Garage Headquarters, people are the heart of our company. Our company was founded based on empowering employees to make our customer's experiences better every day with the innovative products and professional services we have provided to thousands of homes and businesses.
We are looking for an Accounts Receivable & Collections Specialist who can hit the ground running, manage the entire accounts receivable process and works well in a fast-paced environment. Must have at least 3 years-experience with accounts receivable collections.
- Manage the monthly collections and receivables process, includes preparing and submitting customer invoices and responding to accounts receivable inquiries.
- Build relationships with customers to facilitate prompt payments and collect outstanding balances.
- Document all customer communication and maintain a schedule to follow up on past due accounts.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies. Be the main point of contact for resolution of invoicing issues and disputes.
- Perform cash applications and prepare account adjustments.
- Develop, monitor and report on KPIs related to billing and collections.
- Project and meet cash collection targets to reduce the aging and DSO.
- Prepare an analysis of accounts as needed, maintain customer information and payment terms.
- Continually look to improve the accounts receivable and collections process to have timely and accurate billing and metrics.
- Perform other accounting and administrative tasks, as well as special projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of accounts receivable and collections experience.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Detail oriented, self-driven and team oriented.
- Ability to work independently and drive process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products
We hire individuals who are looking for a career and not just a job. We recruit and continually train the industry's best skilled employees in order to deliver value to our customers. We offer competitive wages, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), 401k, health, dental and life insurance. If you think you might be a good fit for our team, please apply below.
We are an equal opportunity employer.