- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Manager Role: No
- Platform: Mobile
- Work Model: Hybrid
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
As Lead Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you will be working on our upcoming Apple Arcade game based on a popular IP helping and leading the Art team to create a visually stunning gaming experience for phones and TVs of Millions of players worldwide.
From the start, you will be working alongside an exceptional, incredibly supportive and diverse group of artists from around the world who helped create hit games such as Disney Magic Kingdoms, Lego Legacy: Heroes Unboxed and Uno and Friends, all of which were developed in our studio in collaboration with licensors like Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, LEGO and Mattel.
- Collaborate with all discipline art leads and supervise the execution of all art-related tasks while maintaining and pushing Gameloft's high-quality standards.
- Maintain clear and open communication with your team. Mentor, engage, and empower them by providing effective training and feedback.
- Collaborate with game producer(s) for task planning and team schedules.
- Work proactively with production artists, designers, developers, and EQAs to ensure all art assets are game-ready and within schedule.
- Follow up with your team's performance and needs via regular one-on-ones and participate in the studio's annual performance reviews.
- Collaborate with the Art Director/Manager for creative ideas, art pipelines/workflows, and training. As well as provide updates on the art team's performance through regular meetings/emails and, when needed, participate in interviews of potential art talent.
- You are a fair and compassionate leader with a highly collaborative mindset who thrives and enjoys working in a team.
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date about past and present art styles in and/or out of games.
- 10+ years of experience as a production artist in video games, ideally, cross-platform development experience and you have shipped at least 2 games in a supervising role.
- Hands-on expertise in at least one of the disciplines you will be supervising and working knowledge of the dependencies of the other disciplines.
- Experience coaching and mentoring artists from all disciplines: from training juniors to helping senior artists level up their skills and careers.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal direction and supervision.
- Professionally and personally driven: you have an open mind, embrace change, and are always willing to grow and learn new things.
- A Degree/diploma in traditional art/animation/illustration/game art or equivalent academic or professional experience.
- An Up-to-date portfolio of your professional work showcasing an excellent understanding of game art production techniques and workflows, from pre-production to optimization and polish.
- A good handle on Game Art Pipeline tools such as Unity engine, Photoshop, 3DS Max, Blender, ZBrush, Substance Painter etc. is recommended.
What we offer:
- Hybrid approach to work to give you work-life balance.
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks of vacation for work-life-balance
- 7 annual personal days
- Annual Healthcare and Lifestyle spending account
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- RRSP matching program
- Mentorship program and training subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Dog-friendly studio
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV and portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.