- Brisbane QLD, Australia
Gameloft’s mission is to amaze the world, so everyone can enjoy a moment of happiness.
We have been proudly crafting games since 2000, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads.” Talented Gameloft employees from all over the world have created established franchises, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
We put passion into every pixel of our games. It’s at the core of what we do every day, and major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, and others recognize Gameloft’s creativity and trust us to produce awesome gaming experiences.
We are part of Vivendi—one of the world’s largest media groups—giving us the mana and resources to set our expectations high and aim for the very best.
At Gameloft Brisbane we believe one of the greatest keys to success is finding a balance in everything we do. Whether it's working on an exciting project or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia, we strive to find a successful balance. Since opening in 2014, Gameloft Brisbane has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball and the official successor to the global phenomenon, The Oregon Trail™ on Apple Arcade.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
We are currently looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join our team. The successful candidate will participate in the production of new games for mobile, and will work with well-known licences!
A Gameplay Programmer's abilities are expected to be focused on the core gameplay features for a game project and support of the game-specific tools.
- Mastery in programming.
- A good understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development. Knowledge of one or more:
- Rendering pipelines
- Online multiplayer
- Capable of independent work within a skill-set (e.g. programming, debugging, math, etc.)
- Able to generate tasks for their backlog to accommodate game design requirements (with guidance from the team lead).
- Able to independently use documentation and guides to complete work or overcome impediments.
- Able to rapidly prototype as well as produce the final code.
- Able to quickly familiarize yourself to work with a large existing codebase and existing processes.
The impact to a project expected from a Gameplay Programmer is focused on consistent and disciplined delivery. Therefore, we expect the Programmers to:
- Display a high degree of discipline in following outlined programming processes.
- Create high-quality software within industry-standard timelines.
- Complete gameplay features to the quality set by the code leadership in a dependable fashion.
- Create supplement documentation when required.
The behaviour of a Gameplay Programmer is best described as relentless dependability. We expect our Programmers:
- Be alert and communicative about any impediments to their ability to deliver.
- Be driven to excel and improve themselves and the team around them.
- Provide constructive feedback and be helpful to less experienced members of the team.
- Be constructive and forthright about what is improbable, the project, and the team.
- Computer Science or similar degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in programming, preferably in the video-game industry
- Solid understanding of modern C++, and, preferably, Python
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Nice to have
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other game engines
- Programming experience on Mobile Devices and/or Consoles
- Experience with SVN, Git, Perforce or other version-control systems
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please provide the following information in your CV - roles, responsibilities and outcomes.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months
Gameloft Brisbane is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment.