Mobile Game Designer
- Budapest, Hungary
You've been working as a Game Designer on the mobile game market for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Mobile Game Designer.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 9 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each others
• You would work in a small agile team of 2-3 brilliant and professional Game Designers where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petofi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements (Also in this current global situation we are working from home)
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal in the office
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city
What will you do here?
• This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the free-to-play business model.
• As a game designer your responsibility is to understand how a 'game as a service' works from a user standpoint, how do they behave in it, so you can provide constant recommendation on improving the service.
• To do this, pre-release, you’re able to improve the design of the main features a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team.
• Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing / underperforming aspects of the game, find the reasons of why, and then provide suggestions for further improvements / solutions to problems.
What will happen to you on the first day and in the first 3 months?
• On your first day, we will introduce you to everyone on the team. The game’s producer will tell you more details you about the game you will be working on, while the designers will tell you what the designer team is currently working on
• Also on the first day you will receive your onboarding plan, which gives you details about the things you will be doing and what’s expected of you over the next 3 months
• Right from the start you will also find out who will be your assigned buddy, the colleague who will help you during your first few months to have a great time here. You can ask him anything at any time, be it things about the project or about what’s the best place to eat at in the area (there are many cool places to eat at nearby)
• During your trial period, we will continue to support you and give you feedback on your work. And of course, we’d love it if you also shared your opinion and suggestions with us
• In this current global situation we will start the trial period remotely and you can relocate to Hungary later
What are the qualifications I need for this position?
• At least 2 years of experience as a Game Designer (on the mobile game market)
• Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play mobile market
• Ability to maintain and work within an existing game design architecture, design features and improvements while maintaining product vision
• Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
• Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
• Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
• Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills
• Good knowledge on the use of Excel
• Experience in community managing, marketing or product management is a plus
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV and with your portfolio. We will look at what you have created so far.
Please note that our system can't handle files that exceed 10 MB, so if your portfolio exceed the file limit, please upload it to eg. Google Drive or Dropbox and send us an access link.
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our Studio Manager and our Lead Game Designers and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test, followed by a chat with one of our HR colleagues and later with our Studio Manager and one of our Lead Game Designers. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here. As you will be in our studio, you will have a chance to look into the Gameloft environment and atmosphere as well.
The whole process usually takes 3-4 weeks, but in the current global situation it could be slightly longer.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 2-3 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,