- Budapest, Hungary
You've been working as a Video Designer or Animator for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Video Designer/Animator.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 9 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each others
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petofi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements (Also in this current global situation we are working from home)
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal in the office
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city
What will you do here?
We are currently looking for a Designer/Animator to play a critical role in helping the Gameloft Budapest Studio to create world-class videos & imagery to showcase the various titles developed locally and generate brand awareness.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
• Developing content ideas for promotional videos in collaboration with in-house graphic designers and 3D Artists
• Creating animated sequences using computer animation software
• Capture game footage
• Create compelling game-play videos and user acquisition videos
• Follow and maintain pipelines & technical requirements
• Adapting videos into various formats
• Recompressing files and exports of all types
This role involves combining an understanding of visual narrative flow, technical craft, creative problem-solving and execution in a team-centric environment.
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time, 8 hours a day, with a declared employment contract.
• You can start by 9 in the morning, but if that’s too early, no one will mention anything if you start before 10:30
• Your direct lead will be the Marketing Assets Lead Artist and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: Video Designers, Graphic Designers and 3D Artists.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
What are the qualifications I need for this position?
• At least 3 years of experience in 2D and 3D motion design
• Advanced knowledge of Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator, Element 3D plug-in, Trapcode plug-in
• Excellent visual communication skills to present ideas and information in a multimedia context combined with excellent animating and storytelling skills
• An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
• Exceptional creative flair and an innovative approach to all design projects
• Hands on experience with character animation (asset)
• Experience in layout/composition
• Highly motivated, proactive, organized and independent
• Team player, good communicator, creative and able to find the best solutions in order to overcome obstacles and ensure the project progresses smoothly
• Knowledge of all the main social platforms and their respective specs
• Able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Ability to learn quickly
• A passion for gaming and a willingness to learn about game-engine content manipulation
And above all, motivation and a passion for your work!
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV and with your portfolio. We will look at what you have created so far.
Please note that our system can't handle files that exceed 10 MB, so if your portfolio exceed the file limit, please upload it to eg. Google Drive or Dropbox and send us an access link.
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our Studio Manager and Gameloft's Creative Agency Director, and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test, followed by a chat with one of our HR colleagues and later with our Studio Manager and the Marketing Assets Lead Artist. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here. As you will be in our studio, you will have a chance to look into the Gameloft environment and atmosphere as well.
The whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but in the current global situation it could be slightly longer.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 2-3 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,