Lead 2D Artist
- Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ over 3,600 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
You've been working as a 2D Artist for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular? On a project where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Lead 2D Artist.
You will be hired as a Cluj studio employee but you will be working remotely for the studio in Budapest.
About Gameloft Hungary:
The studio in Budapest has been operating for more than 8 years, and its goal is to develop casual and semi-casual games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users every day. Until now they worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
• They are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• They have diverse backgrounds and they work on our own games and ideas
• You would work in a small agile team of 4-5 brilliant and professional artists where everybody’s inputs are valued
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
• Lead and mentor a creative artist team
• Define the visual style for various projects
• Create character concepts, environments and backgrounds in collaboration with the game designer and art director
• Conceive the game interface and menus
• Make sure that all the graphic assets have an unitary graphic aspect, in accordance with the game’s determined style
• Work with the team to improve the production process and perform benchmarking
• Cooperating with the designer and developer team
Minimum 3 years of experience in video games industry
• Strong knowledge of color theory
• Excellent sense of color, the possibility to create well-balanced color palettes, an ease of transposing ideas into already decided colors
• Outstanding drawing and composition skills
• Knowledge of classical drawing and painting techniques
• Ability to work in an already defined style
• Skill with Photoshop or 3D development tools is a plus
• 3D modeling experience in low and high poly is a plus
• Experience in texturing is a plus
• Degree from an Art College is also a plus
• Previous experience in a leadership position is a big plus
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time, 8 hours a day, with a declared employment contract.
• Your direct lead will be the producer of the project, and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: 2D artist, 3D Artists, Designers and Animators.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
Why join Gameloft?
What do you say about joining not just any gaming studio, but a dynamic powerhouse for extraordinary gaming experiences right in the Heart of Transylvania? Since August 2010, when we first opened our gates in Cluj-Napoca, we seem to have found the perfect ingredients to create the right work environment: cultural diversity, enthusiasm, boldness, mutual trust, kindness and a constant need for self-improvement.
Not only do we value work efficiency, but we also know the importance of corporate social responsibility. That is why we regularly get involved in various projects that help us give back to our community. More than that, we let our surroundings inspire us to great lengths. In just a couple of years, we became one of the central quality assurance studios in Gameloft. Nearly all Gameloft titles released over the last decade have been present in Cluj in the hands of our multi-talented Quality Assurance departments. We consider ourselves craftsmen of our respective trade and take pride in striving to achieve the best in our work, while also having fun and enjoying the ride. Our mission is to perfect our craft continuously and to create the best mobile gaming experiences, appreciated by our fans all over the world. We put the players ahead of anything else and we want our games to always provide the best experience, no matter the platform. Quality is our commitment.
Creating games in the heart of Transylvania gives us access to its cultural heritage and offers us a unique outlook towards the future. Our first in-house IP, Iron Blade Medieval Legends, is a perfect example: we blended classic RPG mechanics with an innovative control scheme, creating a true-to-life recreation of the best preserved medieval castles in Romania! How cool is that?
On top of that, being part of our team means access to various social benefits, including a medical insurance package, gym and swimming pool access and also on site cervical massages and eye exams. Our offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package with lots of career-development opportunities. Oh, and we have short Fridays, in order to allow our employees to invest in their hobbies.
So, are you ready to join the game and be part of a dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast growing company? We are so looking forward to meeting you! Apply now if you think you are a good fit!
What Gameloft Cluj can offer you even more?
- Lunch tickets.
- Short Friday.
- Medical package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- A chance to work in a real multinational team.
- A modern office complex for when it will be safe to return, until then - complete WFH support.
You can apply with your English CV and with your art portfolio. We will look at what you have created so far.
Please note that our system can't handle files that exceed 10 MB, so if your portfolio exceed the file limit, please upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and send us an access link. Also, if you have worked on your own game or application, send us your link and we will be happy to check it out!
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, you can mention what :-)
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated based on any criteria, be it their gender, age, gender identity, religion or nationality.
Could you tell us your opinion about us by answering this Survey?
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.ro