- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
As Lead Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you will be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
In our industry everyone wants to be the Pixar of videogames, we humbly believe that we might have a good shot at making it happen. For the past few years, we have been working and learning from the best: Disney, Pixar and Lucas have been our licensing partners on Disney Magic Kingdoms, a mobile game that showcases Disney's IPs and characters.
Our next project is going to be a cross platform character based original IP in Unity, a fun a vibrant game that you can play on your phone and TV. We are in the process of recruiting the next generation of artist to define the look and feel of our games for the next decade. We are searching for the next wave of visual designers and storytellers; we are looking for the dreamers and the builders to bring a joyful gaming experience and positive vibes to Millions of Players all over the world.
We offer many perks and benefits, but everyone agrees that the greatest perk at our studio, our secret weapon, is the people we work with. If there is something we like more than exceptional talent are exceptional people: our Art Department speaks 17 different languages and hails artists from all over the world and we believe that our differences only make us stronger.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Be the team level arbiter of good taste: recognize, teach, and evangelize high standards. Lead by example and teach through exposure: high standards are contagious.
- Collaborate with the Discipline Leads within the Art Department and supervise the execution of all art related tasks while maintaining and pushing Gameloft’s high quality standards.
- “Keep the ball rolling”: solve problems, remove obstacles, and move the project forward no matter what. You will make things happen, and you will make things that “could not happen, happen”.
- You will maintain a clear channel of communication with the team, you will engage, build consensus, and involve the team in the decision making process.
- Trust and empower the Team and Discipline Leads, they are the most cutting edge piece of technology in your “toolbox”.
- Report to the Art Director and Producer(s) for tasks, revisions, content pipeline/workflow, training, and creative ideas.
- Take full ownership of your tasks, including but not limited to:
- Work with the production artists, designers, and developers to ensure that game assets produced by your team are always game ready.
- Help in developing a timeline for the project and delegating individual tasks to members of the art team.
- Mentor and train artists, help evaluate present employees by providing feedback for their performance reviews and participating in interviews of potential employees.
- Provide updates on the team’s progress to the Art Director and the Producer(s) through regular meetings, emails, and reports.
- You must be a gamer and passionate about video games and game art
- You are a servant leader, you lift as you climb, and you are ready and willing to put the needs of the team before your own. You are highly adaptable, and you can quickly realign yourself and your team to the needs of the project and organization. You have a collaborative mindset, and you are customer obsessed and your technical skills are only second to your soft/communication skills. You understand that empathy and compassion are only meaningful if followed by action.
- You are capable of making “right” decisions even if they’re not “easy” decisions.
- You understand that creativity and precision of execution comes from embracing and not ignoring or fighting any given constraints.
- You have 10+ years of experience as a production artist in video games, ideally cross platform development experience, and you have shipped at least 2 games in a supervising role.
- You have hands on expertise of at least one of the disciplines you will be supervising, you have working knowledge of the dependencies of the other disciplines.
- You have experience coaching and mentoring artists from all disciplines: from training juniors to helping senior staffers level up in their skills and careers.
- You have excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal direction and supervision.
- You are professionally and personally driven: you have an open mind; you boldly embrace change and are always willing to grow and learn new things.
- You have a degree/diploma in traditional art/animation/illustration/game art or equivalent academic or professional experience.
- You have a portfolio of your professional work showcasing excellent understanding of game art production techniques, workflows, spanning from pre-production to optimization and polish (not what you did but what your team did under your supervision).
- As part of the interview process, you will be required to give a presentation/post-mortem on your game development process from concept/pre-production to polish/final submission.
To apply, you should send us the following documents:
1. CV in English
2. Cover Letter in English with the subject "Why do I want to join Gameloft?"
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are located for an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation for work- life-balance
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.