Senior 3D Environment Artist
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Artistic and Technical Responsibilities
· Create high-quality environments based on the art direction, technical constraints & production deadlines.
· Ensure all 3D assets (environment, prop, lighting, VFX, post-effects) are correctly implemented in game.
· Work closely with the Art Team, Game Designer and Programmer to maintain the consistency of the overall 3D art style.
· Actively follow-up the project by giving feedback, proposing quality improvements and optimization work process.
Contribution in Management
· Provide guidance and mentorship to Junior Artists.
· Provide 3D workshops and train 3D artists when required.
· Report your task status to the 3D Lead Artist and Producer, as requirement.
· Academic background in arts, design or equivalent.
· Great understanding of environment composition, perspective, shaders, lighting and post-effects.
· Great understanding of different artistic styles and cultures.
· Great knowledge in game development processes and pipelines.
· 3+ years of game industry experience and working on published games is a strong advantage.
· Excellent skills in 3dsmax, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer and Unity.
· Excellent skills in unwrapping UV and baking lightmaps for environment.
· Excellent skills in PBR shader creation for AAA mobile games.
· Excellent modelling and texturing skills for both realistic and cartoonish style.
· Excellent skills to adapt to different stylistic guidelines.
· Excellent skills to optimize assets for real-time gaming.
· Good hand-drawing, digital painting and illustration skills are a plus.
· Good sense of creativity and proposing ideas.
· Good troubleshooting skill for technical issues.
· Good interpersonal and teamwork skill.
· Good coaching and mentoring skill.
· Good organization and self-management skill.
· Good English communication skill (spoken and written).
· Show strong commitment to the team and willing to work hard.
· Demonstrate strong motivation and passion at work.
· Demonstrate flexibility of thinking and accept positives feedbacks for improvement.
· Cooperate with team members and actively provide support.
· Be pro-active, autonomous, responsible and well organized.
· Keep good mindset and stress management when facing issues.
· Show initiative, be original and inventive.
· Work From Home is available during times of Covid-19 (for locals and local expats only)
· Opportunity to own what do you from start to finish
· Opportunity to be guided and work with professionals in the industry
· Join our young, multi-national and multi-cultural team of talents
· Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time
· A fun and modern workspace with a dedicated Gaming Area
How to Apply?
· Send your CV and cover letter (optional) to: [email protected], titled: 3DATE_YOUR FULL NAME or apply here via SmartRecruiters.