Project Manager (video game)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
For this role you will be a part of FreshPlanet, a small gaming studio who recently joined Gameloft. FreshPlanet specialized in making high quality casual mobile games that mix social and pop culture elements. FreshPlanet is most famous for creating SongPop, the biggest music trivia game in the world with over 120 million players so far and winner of a BAFTA and Webby Award.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to lead the development of SongPop Party, our newly released game on Apple Arcade and soon on consoles.
As a project manager, you will oversee the development of the game, manage priorities and milestones, make key decisions and ensure the team has the tools and resources needed.
If you are looking for a studio that cares about the well-being of its employees and works in a dynamic and relaxed atmosphere, this is the job for you! The culture at FreshPlanet is very cool and easygoing and allows a perfect family-work balance.
To learn more about FreshPlanet and SongPop Party:
- Taking ownership of, and managing, the full product/game life cycle
- Managing the team, sprints, and planning, and communicating with management and stakeholders
- Managing relationships with external partners (Apple, console manufacturers, etc.)
- Prioritizing features based on business and player impact (80%), participating in the scope and design of functionalities (20%)
- Exhibiting sound product judgment in formulating product strategy and presenting clear, measurable objectives that will contribute to the successful achievement of our business goal
- Being the point of reference for the team to respect milestones, deadlines, etc.
- At least 7 years’ project management experience working for a large B2C app or a mobile game
- Outstanding management skills (experience working with local and remote teams)
- Ability to arbitrate and make choices
- Ability to prioritize and manage scrums, work in agile mode
- A love for apps/games and creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in management or equivalent
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, well organized, autonomous and adaptable
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.