Senior 2D Artist
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
- Provide high-quality 2D GFX assets for projects required.
- Work closely with Lead Artist and Art team.
- Train, Coach and Mentor Junior Artists
Artistic and Technical Responsibilities
- Produce high-quality 2D concept including: 2D character concept, environment concept, item concept,…
- Produce high-quality 2D final assets in good render including: 2D character, environment, item…
- Performing graphical work assigned by producers, delegate work to your team members.
- Help superiors to evaluate team members’ performance.
- Give necessary training and guidance to junior artists in your team.
- Master all the necessary tools.
- Have knowledge on working with Unity and basic 3D softwares is a plus
- Actively detect and solve problems encountered in your projects.
- Inspire, Train, coach, and mentor Junior Artists.
- To help supervisors with training workshops and seminars and to share knowledge and experiences.
- Problem-solving, propose ideas on how we could improve work efficiency.
Contribution in Management
- Actively following up, able to detect bugs, analyses & presents solutions.
- Thorough and organized, allowing you to work with goals and to see a project through to its end within given deadlines.
- Good understanding of style guidelines, design process & creative workflow
- Work closely with the Art Lead and the Studio Lead Artist
- Contribute to a good working environment for the team.
- Possess a library of 2D references to use and to share with the art team.
- Foresee future mistakes and prevent them from happening.
- Produce, check and update 2D documentation.
- Report your task status to your supervisors or producers when required.
- Academic background in Arts or equivalent
- Advance level in Photoshop
- Great understanding of human anatomy, proportion, and perspective
- Great understanding of environment composition, perspective and lighting
- Ability to work with SVN (checkout, committing, update, etc.…)
- Video game experience: Motivated and passionate about video games, a good understanding of game development production processes
- Ability to accurately estimate time to complete tasks and manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow and adapt to different stylistic guidelines.
- Great understanding of composition, color, shading, lighting, post-processing
- Ability to resolve any artistic or technical issues.
- Advance level in 2D Art: hand-drawing, digital painting, and illustration
- Good English oral communication skills: able to read English emails and reply.
- Having a good sense of initiatives, be original and inventive
- Effective organizational skills • Great interpersonal skills
- A profound sense of creativity and art • Be patient and able to concentrate for extended periods.
- Work well as part of a team and be able to take direction from Art Lead and Producers
- Be able to follow a brief and work on their own initiative.
- Work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Great artistic eyes and pay attention to detail.
- Provide and research training material to increase team’s skills.
- Communication competencies. Having a good relationship with others, negotiation, conflict resolution & decision-making.
- Asking and giving quality feedback.
- Collaboration with other seniors and supervisors instead of doing things by yourself.
- Maintain a courteous professional relationship with your colleagues.
- Share ideas and experiences with other senior artists
- Commitment and sense of responsibility: Show a strong commitment to the teams and to the company and be willing to work hard to complete the task on time.
- Open-minded: Demonstrate flexibility of thinking and accept positives feedbacks from others for improvement
- Self-disciplined: Demonstrate strong motivation and passion at work
- Teamwork: Cooperate with team members and actively provide support
- Passion for playing video games across multiple platforms.
- Pro-active, autonomous, responsible, and well organized
- Keep a good mindset and managing stress facing issues
- Basic leadership skills over juniors
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer:
- Teamwork with international talents
- Training and dynamic career growth
- Performance-based reward and recognition
- Creative and friendly working environment
- Healthcare, sponsored clubs, enjoyable staff activities
How to apply?
- Kindly send your CV along with your portfolio to: [email protected], titled: [QWC] 2D Artist_Your full name or apply here via SmartRecruiters
Please be noted that only selected candidates will be contacted for the next round within 2 weeks and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months