- Brisbane QLD, Australia
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
We are currently looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join our team. The successful candidate will participate in the production of new games for mobile, and will work with well-known licences!
A Gameplay Programmer's abilities are expected to be focused on the core gameplay features for a game project and support of the game-specific tools.
- Mastery in programming.
- A good understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development. Knowledge of one or more:
- Rendering pipelines
- Online multiplayer
- Capable of independent work within a skill-set (e.g. programming, debugging, math, etc.)
- Able to generate tasks for their backlog to accommodate game design requirements (with guidance from the team lead).
- Able to independently use documentation and guides to complete work or overcome impediments.
- Able to rapidly prototype as well as produce the final code.
- Able to quickly familiarize yourself to work with a large existing codebase and existing processes.
The impact to a project expected from a Gameplay Programmer is focused on consistent and disciplined delivery. Therefore, we expect the Programmers to:
- Display a high degree of discipline in following outlined programming processes.
- Create high-quality software within industry-standard timelines.
- Complete gameplay features to the quality set by the code leadership in a dependable fashion.
- Create supplement documentation when required.
The behaviour of a Gameplay Programmer is best described as relentless dependability. We expect our Programmers:
- Be alert and communicative about any impediments to their ability to deliver.
- Be driven to excel and improve themselves and the team around them.
- Provide constructive feedback and be helpful to less experienced members of the team.
- Be constructive and forthright about what is improbable, the project, and the team.
- Computer Science or similar degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in programming, preferably in the video-game industry
- Solid understanding of modern C++, and, preferably, Python
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Nice to have
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other game engines
- Programming experience on Mobile Devices and/or Consoles
- Experience with SVN, Git, Perforce or other version-control systems