Senior Game Designer- Gameplay specialist
- Barcelona, Spain
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has
established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience
of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a
unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft
operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order &
Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major
rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®,
Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000
people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft Barcelona, the studio behind the mobile gaming hits Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8 and Asphalt 9: Legends is hiring!
Our Barcelona studio is looking for a Senior Game Designer able to guide studio creative talent and leverage their full potential with each game we develop.
- Design and support core gameplay systems (game modes, multiplayer tournaments structures, AI systems…)
- Ensure their balance with the other gameplay mechanics and meta-game features.
- Develop those using clear benchmarking, documentation and analyzing abilities.
- Take active part in the analysis of game metrics in order to detect improvement points and come to actionable conclusions that can be translated into design solutions.
- Strong knowledge of System Design (input/outputs, parameters/rules/content, sub-system vs gameplay, evolving systems, interactions…) and Game Design basic rules (gameplay, learning curve, directing, difficulty balancing, pacing, reward, accessibility…)
- Able to convey ideas and to clearly formalize complex concepts and ideas.
- Able to illustrate and/or prototype your ideas visually using standard industry production tools (Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, etc.).
- Knowledge of classic PC, console and mobile game market, their flagship titles and their audience.
- Knowledge of main KPIs of the video game industry.
- Passion, motivation and ability to communicate as part of the project development team.
- Open to listen to feedback from other people and constantly critique your work to achieve the best possible quality.
- Excellent level of English.
- Good general knowledge (history, literature, science, entertainment)
- Knowledge of programming languages (object-oriented and natural language programming).
- Design / Composition: Able to draw sketches and digitally create images or videos.
Why Join Gameloft Barcelona?
- Permanent contract, full-time job and excellent Social Benefits.
- Career-development opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company.
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games.
- Exceptional library of diverse games with broad distribution.
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
- Excellent local working conditions (quality of offices, geographical location of office in the centre of Barcelona)
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.com