Product Marketing Manager
- Budapest, Hungary
You've been working as a Product Marketing Manager or working with digital marketing for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Product Marketing Manager.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 8 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each other
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Pixar or Disney
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petőfi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport (but currently we are all work from home)
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screening, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity (we've been to paintball, quad, soap box, of course, we always have a goulash)
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city
What will you do here?
As part of the Marketing department and working in close collaboration with the production, monetization and user acquisition team, you will manage, launch, promote and sustain a portfolio of social free-to-play games throughout their entire life cycle.
This role is located in our production studio in Budapest but you will also work and coordinate with our international teams including but not limited to local Marketing & PR Managers, web development studios, video production studios, artists, Community Managers and Customer Care Managers.
You will be responsible for:
• Identify the game’s target audience, positioning, values, and selling points
• Create brand identity: title, packaging, and “story telling” around game’s scenario and characters
• Manage the marketing deliverables: keep up to date a reliable planning, create the marketing deliverables with the marketing artists, and make sure the marketing assets are top notch quality
• Conduct market researches, competition benchmarks, polls and consumer studies and deliver relevant analysis according to identified problematic
• Follow the game development stages and make recommendations to improve user experience, engagement, socialization and retention
• Coordinate game’s approval with copyrights owner (Universal, Sony Pictures, Ubisoft, Marvel, etc.)
Global launch plan:
• Define the marketing strategy to create brand awareness and generate traffic and installations including but not limited to: press relations, promotion and partnership programs, social marketing actions, traffic acquisition recommendations, etc.
• Coordinate implementation with local marketing & PR teams, Key Account Managers, Game Monetization & User Acquisition Manager, and partners
• Constantly support our sales teams in any way with pitch docs for app stores merchandising, develop specific sales tools
• Create game’s promotional tools, including videos, web assets, screenshots, store descriptions and visuals, PR tools and all other needed assets for special marketing initiatives
• Analyze marketing campaign results and report it to game’s team, top management, and licensor
• Coordinate community management and customer care activities and develop messaging and set specific game customer care policy when needed
• Measure and analyze game users’ feedback, behavior, and market’s acceptance. Share results & recommendations with game’s production team and top management
• Prioritize bugs fixes and user experience improvements, following up on the game updates schedule with production team and monetization manager
• Manage a marketing calendar based on game’s updates and promotions, and oversee related announcements, merchandising, and community management
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time, 8 hours a day, with a declared employment contract.
• You can start by 9 in the morning, but if that’s too early, no one will mention anything if you start before 10:30
• Your direct lead will be the producer of the game and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: game producers, product managers, game economy managers and game designers.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
What will happen to you on the first day and in the first 3 months?
• On your first day, we will introduce you to everyone on the team. The game’s producer will tell you more details you about the game you will be working on, while the lead product manager will tell you what the team is currently working on.
• Also on the first day you will receive your on-boarding plan, which gives you details about the things you will be doing and what’s expected of you over the next 3 months
• Right from the start you will also find out who will be your assigned buddy, the colleague who will help you during your first few months to have a great time here. You can ask him anything at any time, be it things about the project or about what’s the best place to eat at in the area ( there are many cool places to eat at nearby)
• During your trial period, we will continue to support you and give you feedback on your work. And of course, we’d love it if you also shared your opinion and suggestions with us.
What are the qualifications you need for this position?
• 5+ years in consumer marketing, ideally in online entertainment or social products
• Digital Marketing knowledge is a must
• Knowledge and passion for video games from hardcore gamer titles to casual social games, and entertainment as a whole
• Strong analytical skills with a meticulous mind
• Creative spirit capable of creating innovative marketing programs that are result oriented
• Strong leadership skills (manage at least 2-3 direct team members)
• Talented communicator with an excellent grasp of the English language
• Ability to work with a wide range of profiles (business, game design, analysts, etc.)
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV.
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play on mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our HR team and one of our Product Marketing Manager and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test, followed by a chat with one of our HR colleagues and later with our Product Marketing Manager and the Game Producer. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but in the current global situation it could be slightly longer.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 2-3 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,