- Budapest, Hungary
You've been working on the mobile game market for a while or interested in the industry and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Product Manager.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 8 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each other
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
• We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petofi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screening, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity (we've been to paintball, quad, soap box, of course, we always have a goulash)
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city
What will you do here?
The Product Manager is responsible for the monetization strategy of his games throughout their life-cycle, and aims to boost KPIs related to engagement & monetization on a worldwide level.
Your main challenges will include:
• Collaborate with all game stakeholders (Designers, Producers, Marketing) to define the product strategy
• Manage the Live Operation strategy and help define the feature roadmap of the game to ensure targets are met
• Be a contact point for external stakeholders and raise the business profile of the game through the whole organization
• AB test, research and analyze data to improve performance and support key game decisions
• Evangelize best in class monetization systems & references, and share these across all teams
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time, 8 hours a day, with a declared employment contract.
• You can arrive by 9 in the morning, but if that’s too early, no one will mention anything if you arrive before 10:30
• Your direct lead will be the lead product manager and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: game producers, product marketing managers and game designers.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
What will happen to you on the first day and in the first 3 months?
• On your first day, we will introduce you to everyone on the team. The game’s producer will tell you more details you about the game you will be working on, while the lead product manager will tell you what the team is currently working on.
• Also on the first day you will receive your onboarding plan, which gives you details about the things you will be doing and what’s expected of you over the next 3 months
• Right from the start you will also find out who will be your assigned buddy, the colleague who will help you during your first few months to have a great time here. You can ask him anything at any time, be it things about the project or about what’s the best place to eat at in the area ( there are many cool places to eat at nearby)
• During your trial period, we will continue to support you and give you feedback on your work. And of course, we’d love it if you also shared your opinion and suggestions with us.
What are the qualifications you need for this position?
• At least 2 years of experience in games Marketing/Analytics/Online or Consulting, preferably in product oriented roles
• Deep knowledge of top grossing games and F2P mechanics as a whole
• Have worked on at least 2 different tiles, one of them a Live Game operated as a service
• Exceptional analytical & data modelling skills; and full proficiency of Excel/PowerPoint
• Complete fluency in English, both written and orally
• Game design or game creation skills are plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics or a related field; Master is a plus
• Basic knowledge of programming languages is an asset (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
The ideal candidate for us:
• Result-driven and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Able to think on your feet and highly organized
• At ease analyzing large data sets & providing actionable insights
• Team-player, able to teach, negotiate and communicate effectively in a multidisciplinary team
• Combine creative thinking with clear data-driven decisions
• Have passion for games on any platform, and mobile games in particular!
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV.
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play on mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our HR team and our Lead Product Manager and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test, followed by a chat with one of our HR colleagues and later with our Lead Product Manager. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but in the current global situation it could be slightly longer.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 2-3 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,