Consumer Insights Researcher
- Paris, France
Leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Integrated in the Consumer & Market Insights team, you will help different Gameloft departments across the world acquire a better understanding of mobile gamer’s traits so that we can build products and design experiences better serving their needs and expectations. As such your day-to-day activities vary and you will deliver recommendations based on your knowledge and findings to a large array of internal specialists: game creation teams, editorial team, product & brand marketing, licensing, business development, community management, etc. This role is based in Paris.
Your everyday missions will include:
- Liaise with internal departments to gather their research needs and provide appropriate qualitative / quantitative research solutions
- Translate business needs into research plans and develop questionnaires that meet the objectives of the study
- Manage a project from A to Z with the support of internal and external toolsets
- Develop analysis and reporting plans
- Write clear, inspiring and actionable insight stories for stakeholders using data support
- Stay up to date with developments in the mobile game industry and beyond with particular attention to trends, social media, consumer behaviour and data/analytics
- Champion consumer research across the company and foster a culture of decision making based on consumer needs
- Projects will vary from in-game surveys, trend reports and competitor analysis to more high-level topics of investigating a particular audience and or enriching the data on player segments.
Desired skills and experience
- ~5 years of successful experience with quantitative/qualitative research methods and techniques & strong analytical skills
- Prior experience with segmentation is a bonus
- Background from a market research agency or in a mobile/video game company. Applicants welcome from other Consumer Insight backgrounds
- Strong project management skills and adhering to deadlines
- Proactive and solution-oriented individual
- Able to show initiative and a resourceful problem-solver
- Interest in interpreting numbers and other data, ability to translate those into actionable results and insights for teams
- Adaptable to the needs of different teams
- Ability to communicate complicated concepts simply, and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Mandatory : strong interest/ passion for gaming across a variety of platforms (mobile, console, PC, esports etc.) from hardcore gamer’s titles to casual social games
- Completely fluent in English both oral and written
Please join a cover letter expressing your interest and knowledge about our industry.
Why Join Gameloft?
- The opportunity to join the fast-growing digital sector.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating work environment in a rapidly expanding company.
- Permanent contract, full-time position.
- We are offering relocation support .
- An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Saint-Lazare Station and the Palais Opera Garnier.
- Other benefits at Gameloft HQ: self-serve fresh fruit and warm beverages, lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance coverage
Thanks for agreeing to take part in this survey and your interest in our Company.
As part of our Recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying in Gameloft.
The survey may take you less than 5 minutes to complete, and is totally anonymous.
Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not.
They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations.
Many thanks for your help!