3D Environment Artist Senior
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?
Join The Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Artistic and Technical Responsibilities
Create high-quality 3D characters & objects based on the art direction, technical constraints & production deadlines.
Ensure the 3D assets are correctly implemented in game and meet the quality standards.
Work closely with the 3D Lead Artist, Producer and Art Team to maintain the consistency of the overall 3D art style.
Actively follow-up the project by giving feedback, proposing quality improvements and optimization work process.
Contribution in Management
Provide guidance and mentorship to Junior Artists.
Provide 3D workshops and train 3D artists according to the project needs.
Report your task status to the 3D Lead Artist and Producer, as requirement.
● Academic background in Arts, design or equivalent.
● Great understanding about human anatomy, proportion and perspective.
● Experience and knowledge about video games, and game development production processes.
● Great understanding of composition, color, shading, lighting.
● Great understanding of different art styles, design process and creative workflow.
● Excellent modelling and texturing skills for both realistic and cartoonish style.
● Ability to follow and adapt to different stylistic guidelines.
● Ability to create and optimize models for real-time.
● Ability to create high-poly and low-poly models for next-gen gaming.
● Efficiency in UV mapping for textures and light-maps.
● A keen eye for light, shade, color and details in creating texture maps.
● Excellent skills in 3dsmax, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Unity.
● 3+ years of game industry experience as 3D Artist and working on published games is a strong advantage.
● Skinning, rigging and animation knowledge are a plus.
● Hand-drawing, digital painting and illustration skills are a plus.
● Great sense of creativity and proposing ideas.
● Good troubleshooting skill for both artistic and technical issues.
● Good interpersonal and teamwork skill.
● Good coaching and mentoring skill.
● Good organization and management skill.
● Good English communication skill (spoken and written).
● Commitment: show strong commitment to the teams and to the company and willing to work hard.
● Open-minded: demonstrate flexibility of thinking and accept positives feedbacks from others for improvement
● Self-disciplined: show a strong willingness to maintain good practices.
● Team work: cooperate with team members and actively provide support.
● Passion: demonstrate strong motivation and passion at work.
● Pro-active, autonomous, responsible and well organized.
● Keep good mindset and stress management when facing issues.
● Show initiative, be original and inventive.
● Ownership over own career path.
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer:
- Exciting diversity with our talents from around the world
- Recognition and rewards based on your performance
- Creative, modern and open working place
- Continuous and professional training to fully develop your potential
- Work hard, play hard and enjoy various activities
- Health check-up annually
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
- Want to know more? Please visit our Website: http://gameloft-sea.com/
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
Thanks for agreeing to take part in this survey and your interest in our Company.
As part of our Recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying in Gameloft.
The survey may take you less than 5 minutes to complete, and is totally anonymous.
Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not.
They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations.
Please copy the URL below to your web browser in case the link doesn't work properly: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PVFDD2P
Many thanks for your help!