Lead 3D Animator
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun, and rewarding environment in Sofia? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
As a leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms with an audience of 114 million monthly users across the whole world. The company has 46 offices across 32 locations and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Reporting to the art director, the Lead 3D Animator works closely with the character, design and VFX teams in order to maintain the global vision for the game. You will be primarily in charge of producing gameplay animations, cutscenes and/or cinematics that support the vision for the game's universe and gameplay. You will produce these elements while ensuring that animation instructions, constraints related to gameplay mechanics / staging, and established production deadlines are all adhered to.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the project's artistic vision is followed by leading the animation team and by collaborating with the animation team, VFX art, art director, technical lead and the design team, in order to maintain the global vision for the game, provide quality briefs for each animation assignment, and help overcome production constraints
- Ensuring that animations & visual effects produced undergo review while making certain that they are technically and aesthetically compliant
- Personally create quality character animations if necessary
- Setting precise priorities and goals for the team and communicating them to the members of that team
- Evaluating each team member’s individual performance and the attainment of their respective goals and determining their training needs
- Organizing, planning and coordinating tasks in order to increase the team’s efficiency and to ensure that all tasks are completed on time
- Guide and mentor studio animators, encourage ideas and creativity
- Using discernment to analyze problematic situations and suggesting solutions or approaches, as well as making well-founded, informed decisions
- Sharing progress regarding projects, tasks and decisions
- Over 5 years’ experience in 3D Studio Max
- Mastery of a variety of 3D animation production software packages (3ds Max [character studio, CAT], Maya, MotionBuilder, Spine, etc.)
- Ability to define and execute creative and stylish animations (characters, vehicles, objects)
- Mastery of the 12 fundamental principles of animation (squash and stretch, anticipation, staging, straight ahead action and pose to pose, follow through and overlapping action, ease in and ease out, arc, secondary action, timing, exaggeration, solid drawing, appeal); Solid educational background: anatomy; understanding of physics-related constraints both mechanical and organic; basic rules of composition
- Excellent command of camera-animation and staging principles
- Versatile and able to adapt to various visual styles/worlds
- Strong understanding of rigging, including technical processes, function and requirements;
- A mastery with various animation styles, realistic and cartoony in both 3D and 2D, and what makes them so;
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Pushes to reach ever-higher artistic quality
- Broad knowledge of the visual arts (animated films, games, character design, industrial/automobile design, comics, photography, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of fundamental production constraints and technical or legal limitations
- Good analytical skills and judgement related to problem solving
- Experience with Tortoise SVN;
- Experience with Biped, Cat and Custom rigs a plus;
- Working experience on PC or consoles is a major asset;
- A solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration is an asset;
And above all, motivation and a passion for video games!
What can Gameloft Sofia offer you even more?
- Career-development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company.
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games.
- Private health insurance
- Free fruits 2 days per week
- Great office location
- 20 days of annual paid leave + additional free Birthday day
- Short Friday
- Home Office Policy
- Office massages
- Flexible working hours
- Cool events :)
Join our SURVEY
As part of our Recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying in Gameloft via this Survey. Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations. Thank you!