Technical Game Designer
- Bucharest, Romania
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
As Technical Game Designer, you'll be creating and implementing complex technical and/or system design elements into the game by using project's architecture and toolset (UNREAL ENGINE). You will also act as a bridge connection for team members by assisting, supporting and advising with understanding on a technical level between art, animation and programming.
- Work closely with other disciplines to implement game mechanics;
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows to materialize and support design vision;
- Document workflows and tool pipelines for designers to apply;
- Analyze and deconstruct the work of other designers to provide support, guidance, and level up quality and functionality and optimize performance;
- Mentor other members of design team from a technical perspective.
- Experience in the gaming industry in a similar position;
- Excellent knowledge of game editors (e.g. Unreal, Unity, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of Blueprint system, Animation Graph, AI System, UMG within Unreal Engine;
- Excellent knowledge of multiple script languages such as C# or Lua or Visual Scripting;
- Fast Prototyping Skills and openness to numerous iterations;
- Good knowledge of 3D Studio Max or Maya;
- Excellent organizational skills and methodology;
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team;
- Fluency in English both oral and written.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- A modern office complex including:
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, foosball.
- A dedicated Kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free Aikido, Aerobic, Zumba, Yoga, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Motivating salary and a merit based pay system.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarden inside our courtyard.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
Join our SURVEY
As part of our recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying to Gameloft via this Survey. Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations.