2D Artist Intern
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As a leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
As a 2D Artist Intern at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms and Lego Legacy Heroes Unboxed, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Be an integral part of the graphic production team and work in close relationship with the artists, designers and artistic director;
- Create textures, illustrations and concept based on project needs;
- Demonstrate creativity, adaptability to different game and graphic styles (pixel, cartoon, realistic, illustration, etc.);
- Get involved in all levels of the game creation process, from design to debugging, in small production teams.
- Returning to a degree/diploma program after completion of the internship, or required to fulfill co-op placement upon graduation
- Progress towards a degree or diploma in Arts, Fine Arts or equivilant education
- Familiar with Photoshop and/or other design software;
- Talented in illustration and use of colours, light, anatomy and perspective;
- Good knowledge of animation basics;
- Good knowledge of art culture in different areas (movies, comics, games, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3ds Max an asset
- Video game enthusiast
- Knowledgeable in contemporary media (web, games, comics, film, animation, etc.)
- Open-minded and outward-looking
- Organized and efficient;
- Good critical and artistic sense
- Able to work under pressure.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- Video game room equipped with your favourites
- Fresh Fruit every morning
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.