Junior Game Designer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Contribute to the feature and content design of world class mobile games
- Work on game systems, social features, characters, quests, and much more
- Configure data in the game engine to turn design into reality
- Champion your designs from initial pitch through implementation, launch, and evolution
- Work closely with artists, programmers, and QA in an open collaborative environment
- Use playtests, player feedback, and metrics to gain insights and refine your work
- Analyze competitive games to be an expert in the audience and market
- Pitch creative new ideas for upcoming game projects
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for mobile free-to-play games
- Demonstrated aptitude for game design, which could be shown through:
- Experience working at a game company
- Post-secondary degree in a game design related field
- Portfolio of personal game projects
- Knowledge of free-to-play game design fundamentals
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Strong technical ability to quickly master new software tools
- Ability to adapt and hit deadlines in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Collaborative spirit and love of teamwork
As bonus we’ll also consider:
- Working knowledge of an established game engine, such as Unity
- Experience with spreadsheets tools, image editors, scripting tools, and flowchart software
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Video game room equipped with your favourites
- Social Club events
- Fresh Fruit every morning
- Mentorship program and expert-led courses to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.