Mid/ Senior Game Designer
- Cluj-Napoca, Romania
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
If you can understand the mechanics of a game and you can explain them. If you have ever spent hours arguing about game rules“If you look past the story and wonder what makes the game fun.If you can talk for hours of your passion: games. Then you might have what it takes to be a designer. Come,see. You'll be among your kind.
- Design the game mechanics, game systems and features that serve specific purposes and needs of a game project
- Write clear and concise game design specifications documents
- Implement game design features and level scenarios
- Manage game design task allocation and delivery times
- Validate and synchronize game design specific elements with user data
- Balance and fine tune game systems
- Manage and maintain game design documentation
- Work and coordinate with other team members
- Generate constructive feedback for various aspects of a game project
- At least two years work experience in the gaming industry in a game design role
- At least one launched title
- Ability to identify and describe various game design patterns used in games
- Excellent understanding of basic rules defining various game genres
- Good understanding of player motivations and gameplay drivers
- Good understanding of game industry current status and future trends
- Solid knowledge of gaming culture
- Active player of games in diverse genres
- Outstanding written and verbal communications kills
- Ability to work in in a team, including strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and autonomous work approach
- Personal work on a game project or a game mod/map
Why join Gameloft?
- Excellent Social Benefits (Medical insurance package, Gym facilities and swimming pool, free for employees, on site cervical massages on a regular basis)
- The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package
- Career-development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Why Join Gameloft Cluj?
Cluj is “the Heart of Transylvania”: a cosmopolitan European city and an important destination for business in South-Eastern Europe, with a remarkable potential for foreign investments It is one of the most welcoming cities in Eastern Europe Cluj succeeds in combining its history and architecture with the fresh and young atmosphere created by the city’s over 80.000 students Our studio is a very ambitious one, with a fast growth - it opened in 2010 and we are now proud to have over 500 employees Quality comes first: the perfect place for you to make a difference.
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.ro
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.