Senior 3D Artist
- Budapest, Hungary
You've been working as a 3D Artist for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On a project where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Senior 3D Artist.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 7 years, and our goal is to develop casual and semi-casual games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3 and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are a 70-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas
• You would work in a small agile team of 4-5 brilliant and professional artists where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney.
• We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petofi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport.
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses.
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations.
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity (we've been to paintball, quad, soap box, of course, we always have a goulash goulash)
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city
• We support learning, so we have an English course on site or Hungarian course for our foreign colleagues , and you also have the opportunity to participate in online trainings for any topic of your choosing
What will you do here?
• Create cartoonish characters and graphics in our games
• Act as the main link between the artists and other teams in the studio
• Work with the team to improve the production process and perform benchmarking
• Cooperating with the designer and developer team
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time, 8 hours a day, with a declared employment contract.
• You can arrive by 9 in the morning, but if that’s too early, no one will mention anything if you arrive before 10:30
• Your direct lead will be the lead 3D artist of the team, and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: other 3D artist, 2D Artists, Designers and Animators.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
What will happen to you on the first day and in the first 3 months?
• On your first day, we will introduce you to everyone on the team. The game’s producer will tell you more details you about the game you will be working on, while the lead artist will tell you what the artist team is currently working on.
• Also on the first day you will receive your onboarding plan, which gives you details about the things you will be doing and what’s expected of you over the next 3 months
• Right from the start you will also find out who will be your assigned buddy, the colleague who will help you during your first few months to have a great time here. You can ask him anything at any time, be it things about the project or about what’s the best place to eat at in the area ( there are many cool places to eat at nearby)
• During your trial period, we will continue to support you and give you feedback on your work. And of course, we’d love it if you also shared your opinion and suggestions with us.
What are the qualifications you need for this position?
• Passion about cartoonish art style
• Minimum 3 years of experience in video game industry
• Proficiency in Photoshop and 3ds Max
• Proficiency in full 3D workflow from modeling to game ready product
• Strong knowledge of Composition, Color and Lightning theory
• Able to animate basic objects in a 3D environment
• Proficiency in Vray and Zbrush is a plus
• Experience in mentoring junior Artists is a plus
• 2D drawing and texture painting skills is a plus
• Experience in Scripts and Shader programming is also a plus
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV and with your cartoonish art style portfolio. We will look at what you have created so far.
If you have worked on your own game or application, send us your link and we will be happy to check it out!
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our lead artists, and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test and a chat with an HR colleague of ours and another one with one of our producers and a lead artist. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but of course it depends on how fast you can come to us.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 2-3 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,