Mobile Game Tester
- Budapest, Hungary
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6000 employees.
Following the development of many successful titles on mobile devices, such as Iron Man 3, Dragon Mania Legends and City Mania, Gameloft Budapest is currently seeking a Mobile Game Tester to work on its franchises.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for more than 7 years, and our goal is to develop casual and semi-casual games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are a 70-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas
• You would work in a small agile team of 5-6 brilliant and professional programmers and testers where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The studio is international, and we have several foreign colleagues
• You will support teams that create games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
• We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Our office is in the downtown area, Boráros Square. It is on the Pest side of the Petőfi bridge, and can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity (we've been to cooking, quad, soap box, of course)
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to all Life1 venues in the city
• We support learning, so we have an English course on site or Hungarian course for our foreign colleagues, and you also have the opportunity to participate in online trainings for any topic of your choosing
Gameloft Budapest is offering an exciting opportunity for video game lovers to become a professional Game Tester who would like to break into the career in game development. Game Testing is undetachable part of video game development process to ensure the quality of the game when it is handed to end user in the market;
From the beginning of your journey with us, you will:
- Test world class mobile games to catch problems before they go live
- Clearly document bugs so that they can be tracked down and fixed
- Assign bugs to game developers and work with them to reproduce and resolve the issues
- Be a driving force for game quality by giving feedback on game features and design
- Design test plans and smoke tests to verify that new features work flawlessly
- Modify game configuration data to reproduce hard to find bugs
- Be an advocate for players by tracking down issues reported by the community
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skill set:
- Passion for mobile games
- Strong ability to communicate in Hungarian and English and through verbal and written means
- Troubleshooting skill, strong logic thinking;
- Detail-oriented and quick learner in a fast moving environment;
- Collaborative spirit and love of teamwork
- Ability to stay organized and exhibit great follow-through;
- Proactive attitude with the ability to take initiative to fix problems
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
If you are interested you can apply with your English CV attached and with a Cover letter in which you describe why you are interested in working in the gaming industry, especially at Gameloft and why you think you could be a great fit for our Mobile Game Tester position.
Looking forward to hearing from you,