- Toronto, ON, Canada
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
As a VFX Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including LEGO Legacy: Heores Unboxed, Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Create real-time VFX assets for mobile platforms while maintaining and pushing Gameloft’s high quality standards.
- Report to the Lead Artist for tasks, revisions, workflow, training and creative ideas.
- Take full ownership of your tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creating real-time art assets following an established style, palette and templating convention.
- Research, review and present proposals for new features and techniques.
- Work with the production artists, designers and developers to ensure that VFX assets are always game ready.
- Research and develop new tools and techniques, write documentation and training material.
- Work on multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Testing and fixing your work in the build.
- Communicating tasks updates to your lead/supervisor, updating the status of your Jira tasks and committing files in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate creativity, adaptability to different game and graphic styles.
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions.
- Learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines.
- Execute clients (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and on time.
- Playtest and be familiar with the game.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with the team members before and after you in the content pipeline (in person/chat/email).
- Be punctual and attend stand-ups, sprint planning, team and art review meetings.
- Be a team player, be professional and always act in the best interest of the organization.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree/Diploma in Animation, VFX (real-time) or equivalent academic or professional experience.
- 2+ years professional experience as a VFX Artist in the gaming industry is preferred
- An up to date portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of real-time VFXs with the focus on polished execution.
- You have exceptional problem solving, artistic and observation skills; you are passionate about creating and researching real-time VFXs and all things game related.
- You have strong animation, texture painting and lighting skills.
- You have in-depth knowledge of 2D/3D DCC applications (Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects, etc.).
- You have exceptional technical abilities, in depth understanding of a real-time VFX pipeline and a fluent in different game engines, VFX and scripting tools.
- You have excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- You are professionally and personally driven: you boldly embrace change and are always willing to grow and learn new things.
- You are excited to work in a diverse and challenging work environment.
- You are able to work in large or small teams as well as work independently and take full ownership on your tasks.
How to Apply
- Up to date resume in Word or PDF format
- an updated art portfolio/demo reel
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Video game room equipped with your favourites
- Social Club events
- Fresh Fruit every morning
- Mentorship program and expert-led courses to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.