- Toronto, ON, Canada
As a leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
As a 2D Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed, Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Retouch 2D and 3D images, with a focus on rendering polish and manipulate image composition
- Process already-created assets and produce a wide range of formats in different specifications (resizes, re-layouts, localizations)
- Report to Lead Marketing Artist for tasks, revisions, workflow, training and creative ideas.
- Take full ownership of your tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creating, staging and polishing 2D/3D pack art, logos and marketing assets following an established style, palette and templating convention.
- Work with the production artists, designers and developers to ensure that marketing assets are always game ready.
- Maintain and archive templates, working files and references.
- Work on multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions.
- Learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines.
- Execute clients (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and on time.
- Up to date portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of composition, posing, rendering, perspective and anatomy with a focus on polished execution and traditional rendering techniques.
- 2+ years of professional studio experience as a 2D Production Artist/Marketing Artist in the gaming industry.
- Exceptional illustration, layout, graphic design, logo creation and typography skills.
- Knowledge of branding and marketing practices.
- In-depth knowledge of 2D applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Knowledge of 3D application and workflows (3dsmax, V-Ray, etc.) is an asset.
- Working knowledge of After Effect/Flash is a plus.
- Degree/Diploma in illustration / graphic design / classical animation or equivalent academic or professional experience.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Video game room equipped with your favourites
- Social Club events
- Fresh Fruit every morning
- Mentorship program and expert-led courses to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.