Lead Game Designer
- Bucharest, Romania
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft has a team of over 5200 people in 27 studios spread across the world. With over 500 games developed and marketed in 120 countries, Gameloft generated over 1,7 billion tablet and smartphone downloads. 20 million users access daily our games downloading on average 1 million new games every day.
Gameloft Romania, through it’s over 1200 employees active in the Bucharest and Cluj studios has created and developed successful titles such as NOVA, NOVA 2, NOVA 3, Backstab, The Dark Knight Rises, Modern Combat 5, Starfront: Collision, Ferrari GT, Asphalt 5, Asphalt 6, Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front, Terminator: Salvation, Shrek Kart, Captain America 2, Blitz Brigade, Brothers in Arms 3 available for Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android and tablets.
Aiming to generate innovative and creative games for fast growing technologies, we are constantly looking for the best talents in our field.
As a lead game designer, you are in charge of leading a diverse team of designers working on a new creation or live game, overseeing all aspects of the game, including level design, game design, economy design, narrative.
- Mentor and inspire a team of game designers;
- Maintain oversight and macro view of all creative intents for a given game;
- Feedback the work of all designers working in the team;
- Work closely with the main stakeholders local and remote in order to maintain the integrity of the creative vision for the game;
- Occasionally design actual features for the project.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- A mentor oriented mindset;
- Deep understanding of the current mobile gaming market, including economy models, present and future;
- Ability to anticipate next big gaming trends;
- Strong knowledge of basic rules of game design (gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, rhythm, reward);
- Think creatively and have a passion for playing and making games;
- A minimum of three years of previous experience as a Senior game designer or Creative Director;
- Experience with at least some of the industry-standard editor packages (UDK, Unity);
- A rich cultural and visual background (movies, comics, theatre, literature, painting);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- An understanding of the major tools used in the game industry (3D modeling and animation especially) is a plus.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- A modern office complex including:
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, foosball.
- A dedicated Kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free Aikido, Aerobic, Zumba, Yoga, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Motivating salary and a merit based pay system.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarden inside our courtyard.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!