Senior 2D Concept Artist
- Sofia, Sofia City Province, Bulgaria
Join The Game!
As a leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms with an audience of 114 million monthly users across the whole world. The company has 46 offices across 32 locations and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
As a Senior 2D Concept Artist, you will be developing the graphical identity of a videogame, bringing exciting new worlds to life. You will work closely with the Art Director and the Game Producer. You must possess the ability to imagine, visualize, and render both your own ideas as well develop those of your teammates, with respect to the technical restrictions and meeting the quality standards. You will leverage your strong art fundamentals including the effective use of color, form, light and composition.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Create character and vehicle concepts or environments and backgrounds in collaboration with the Game Designer and the Art Director.
- Ensure all the graphic assets are consistent with the game's determined style.
- Produce assets on schedule, meeting or exceeding team quality standards.
- Minimum 2 years of game industry/film experience.
- Excellent rendering and design skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to established styles.
- Strong art fundamentals. Deep understanding of form, composition, and distribution and purpose of detail
- Strong knowledge of color theory and excellent sense of color. Ability to create well-balanced color palettes, an ease of transposing ideas into pre-established color schemes
- Digital illustration skills with an advanced understanding of Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of 3D software as it pertains to the concept process is a plus
Why Join Gameloft?
- You want to work in exceptional industry and create games downloaded more than 1 billion times per year.
- You want to be part of a talented and supportive team of pioneers who have a passion for creating video games.
- You want to contribute to a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world.
- You will work on a permanent contract with competitive remuneration.
- You are looking for a fun place to work in the heart of the city.
- Health insurance coverage, Meal vouchers
- Game rooms, relaxation zone, office massage, bike stand
- Studio location at the heart of the city with easy access to mass transportation and some of the best places to eat and drink around.
If you are interested in our job offer, please send CV and portfolio. All artwork submissions should be online (e.g. website, blog or online album). Applications will be processed in confidentiality.