Senior Java Developer (Data Lake team)
- Bucharest, Romania
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?
Join The Game!
Our tech stack and infrastructure are state of the art. You can experiment and challenge yourself with production-grade deployments of Spark, Hadoop, AWS services and Spring Microservices (Spring Cloud) with the help of our dedicated DevOps team.
We need an analytical person with solid computer science knowledge, at least three years of experience working in the Java ecosystem, good knowledge of relational databases. A nice plus would be knowledge of internet protocols and the Linux operating system. Familiarity with modern application architecture and technologies such as Docker containers, Ansible, CI/CD systems is also appreciated.
Quality comes first: the perfect place for you to make a difference!
Daily challenges include:
- Develop Java services processing large amounts of data.
- Understand current implementation, learn and apply best industry standards.
- Research & develop improved ways of storing and processing data.
- Maintain the set of core applications.
- Provide help to new team members, mentor.
- Work together with data scientist and other data analytics teams.
- Understand the CI/CD application lifecycle with the help of our DevOps.
- Technical specifications, design, unit tests and documentation.
- Efficiency in Java with Spring (standardized Maven based build eco-system).
- Understanding of java internals.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (eg. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of distributed computing systems.
- Familiar to a few key NoSQL concepts (CAP theorem, BASE/ACID, indexes).
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems (Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint).
- Microservices approach (Spring Cloud Ecosystem).
- Experience working with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, ElasticSearch.
- Messaging systems such as Artemis, Kafka.
- Good team player and communication skills.
- Fast learner and willing to improve himself.
- Self-motivated, resourceful person.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world!
- Or, just because you're looking for a fun place to work!
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.com