- Brisbane QLD, Australia
A leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users, offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,500 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Are you a passionate and experienced 3D Artist looking to make your mark
Responsibilities & key tasks:
- Contributing to the art vision for the Characters
- Ensure that all aspects of character art production are completed on a timely basis to a high standard.
- Create documentation, and technical guides to help communicate workflow and efficiency knowledge, as well as artistic expertise.
- Prototype new technologies on the given platforms and Define budgets for the given platforms.
- Creating a substantial portion of character assets based on the established art vision. Working on these assets from initial concept to final implementation and testing.
- Working closely with all major departments in the work (Art, Design, Code,) to ensure all requirements for the characters are gathered and well understood
- Working within the Character Team but reporting directly to the Art Lead and with regular art direction.
- At least 5 years professional production experience including AAA games.
- Evidence of creating a wide range of photorealistic, pixelart and cartoon art for game engines.
- An understanding of how game-play and real time issues can affect a Senior Artist’s work, and the ability to develop techniques to compensate for such limitations.
- Strong understanding of the impact of lighting in real time engines.
- The ability to create game ready assets that work well within the given technical limitations
- Strong understanding of Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of at least one of established 3D applications, preferably with experience of Autodesk 3ds Max and Character Studio.
- An excellent understanding of the full pipeline for getting Character assets into a game engine
- Enjoy working across multiple disciplines
- Mentoring and guiding the more junior members of the team
- Capability of conveying important information to all relevant departments in the work including designers, graphics programmers, production staff, and Lead artists
- Candidate profile:
- Video game enthusiast
- Knowledgeable in contemporary media (web, games, comics, film, animation, etc.
- Open-minded and outward-looking
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Able to work under pressure.