Studio Marketing Director
- Sofia, Sofia City Province, Bulgaria
Join The Game!
As a leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms with an audience of 114 million monthly users across the whole world. The company has 46 offices across 32 locations and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
As part of the global Gameloft Marketing team, you will join a passionate group of gamers and top minds at a pivotal time in Gameloft’s development, creating gaming experience suited for a cross-platform environment adapted to a world where both Free2Play and premium / subscriptions models will coexist.
Reporting to the Studio Manager, as well as part of the Global Marketing Leadership Team composed of all other Marketing Top Managers, the Studio Marketing Director plays a key role in leading the Marketing teams located in the studio.
The successful candidate must make the most of their leadership abilities, strategic thinking, creative ideas, execution experience, organizational efficiency, and excellent communication skills.
- Lead the marketing mindset and expertise in the studio all along the development and life cycle of the games: from initial ideation to game development and live operations
- Manage and develop the Marketing teams in the studio (Product Marketing Managers, UA Managers, Game Community Managers, Marketing Artists etc.) – making sure the team is delivering at its best as part of the Game Team
- Hire, train, manage and evaluate the performance of the Marketing team of the studio
- Raise the bar in strategic thinking linked to superior integrated creative execution that make a difference on the game downloads, DAUs and revenues
- Help teams articulating marketing plans that really connect and synchronize all marketing activities (UA, social, influence, partnerships, featuring etc.) to manage both the always-on and the peak moments around the game, catering for both the game community as well as prospects
- Act as main contact for the studio for all marketing topics discussed between Studio Management and with HQ
- Act as a link between your Marketing team and all other teams within the wider Gameloft Marketing group, including but not limited to platform relationships, local marketing, user acquisition, PR, etc.
- Participate in setting up objectives, adapt and implement the global marketing framework & processes locally, in order to measure and improve the performance of our actions: marketing operations, featuring, partnership, ASO etc.
- Analyze the marketing strategies and execution on a constant basis and challenge the team to come up with innovative, customer-driven marketing tactics to increase performance across all networks and platforms
- Stay abreast of the market changes, identify best practices from any source and deploy them when/where relevant to make sure the work of the team stays relevant on the market
- When relevant, help ensure smooth and efficient working relationships with partners (special ops, license owners etc.)
- Minimum 8-10 years in a marketing position, with at least 2 years managing a team
- Experience in setting and executing marketing plans and campaigns in a fast-moving digital environment
- Proven ability to motivate and influence for a greater marketing impact – leadership is key to the success of this role
- Experience in User Acquisition and other paid channels and networks
- Experience within the gaming industry or entertainment at large – good knowledge of the industry is a must-have
- Able to work with a large variety of stakeholders located in several countries, in both direct and matrix organizations, and comfortable in navigating both these dimensions
- Great communication skills, English is a must-have, French is a plus
- Able to plan, organize and successfully complete several projects simultaneously and within tight deadlines
Why Join Gameloft?
- You want to work in exceptional industry and create games downloaded more than 1 billion times per year
- You want to be part of a talented and supportive team of pioneers who have a passion for creating video games
- You want to contribute to a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world
- You will work on a permanent contract with competitive remuneration
- You are looking for a fun place to work in the heart of the city
If you are interested in our job offer, please send CV. Applications will be processed in confidentiality.