3D Game Environment Artist
- Bucharest, Romania
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft has a team of over 5200 people in 27 studios spread across the world. With over 500 games developed and marketed in 120 countries, Gameloft generated over 1,7 billion tablet and smartphone downloads. 20 million users access daily our games downloading on average 1 million new games every day.
Gameloft Romania, through it’s over 1200 employees active in the Bucharest and Cluj studios has created and developed successful titles such as NOVA, NOVA 2, NOVA 3, Backstab, The Dark Knight Rises, Modern Combat 5, Starfront: Collision, Ferrari GT, Asphalt 5, Asphalt 6, Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front, Terminator: Salvation, Shrek Kart, Captain America 2, Blitz Brigade, Brothers in Arms 3 available for Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android and tablets.
Aiming to generate innovative and creative games for fast growing technologies, we are constantly looking for the best talents in our field.
As a 3D Game Environment Artist, you will work on modeling, texturing and lighting level environments and assets.
The ideal candidate is able to create the whole artistic part of a game level, models terrain geometry, level objects and props at the top quality required by the next-gen mobile devices and/or consoles if required. He creates textures, occasionally sets up lighting, optimizes the geometry of the level and creates LOD’s, uses in-house tools to export and checks the level in-game.
In order for us to consider your application, please send your online portfolio.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D Studio Max or Maya.
- Highly proficient in modeling 3D environments and objects, using both hi-poly and low-poly techniques and texture baking.
- Able to animate basic objects in a 3D environment (trees, moving objects, etc.).
- Able to work respecting strict technical and artistic limitations and instructions.
- Good knowledge of producing AAA quality surface materials and textures in Substance Painter.
- Sculpting skills in Zbrush is a major plus.
- Good knowledge of a major engine (Unreal or Unity).
- Ability to adapt to stylized assets compared to realistic is a plus.
- Proficient with PBR workflow. Able to create and check the assets in a PBR environment (Unreal, Unity, Marmoset, Substance, etc.).
- Good artistic sensibilities.
- General knowledge about 3D rendering engines and adjacent technologies (shaders, scripts) is a plus.
- Experience in creating games and knowledge about the gaming art and history are very appreciated.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- A modern office complex including:
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, foosball.
- A dedicated Kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free Aikido, Aerobic, Zumba, Yoga, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Motivating salary and a merit based pay system.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarden inside our courtyard.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.