3D Game Environment Artist
- Bucharest, Romania
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
As a 3D Game Environment Artist, you will work on modeling, texturing and lighting level environments and assets.
The ideal candidate is able to create the whole artistic part of a game level, models terrain geometry, level objects and props at the top quality required by the next-gen mobile devices and/or consoles if required. He creates textures, occasionally sets up lighting, optimizes the geometry of the level and creates LOD’s, uses in-house tools to export and checks the level in-game.
In order for us to consider your application, please send your online portfolio.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D Studio Max or Maya.
- Highly proficient in modeling 3D environments and objects, using both hi-poly and low-poly techniques and texture baking.
- Able to animate basic objects in a 3D environment (trees, moving objects, etc.).
- Able to work respecting strict technical and artistic limitations and instructions.
- Good knowledge of producing AAA quality surface materials and textures in Substance Painter.
- Sculpting skills in Zbrush is a major plus.
- Good knowledge of a major engine (Unreal or Unity).
- Ability to adapt to stylized assets compared to realistic is a plus.
- Proficient with PBR workflow. Able to create and check the assets in a PBR environment (Unreal, Unity, Marmoset, Substance, etc.).
- Good artistic sensibilities.
- General knowledge about 3D rendering engines and adjacent technologies (shaders, scripts) is a plus.
- Experience in creating games and knowledge about the gaming art and history are very appreciated.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- A modern office complex including:
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, foosball.
- A dedicated Kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free Aikido, Aerobic, Zumba, Yoga, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Motivating salary and a merit based pay system.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarden inside our courtyard.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
Join our SURVEY
As part of our recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying to Gameloft via this Survey. Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations.