- Paris, France
Leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Integrated in the Paris HQ User Research team, as User Researcher, you will help all Gameloft studios around the world make sure that their games provide the best User Experience possible, and that the design intentions translate into reality for the players.
As such you will conduct researches in order to better understand our players’ motivations, needs, and limitations, and run playtests throughout our games’ development in order to catch Usability and UX issues. Using your knowledge of Psychology/Human-Computer Interaction/Interaction Design/Ergonomics as well as the data gathered from studies and playtests, you’ll help the team fix issues and overall improve the games’ user experience.
Your everyday missions will include:
- Design adequate research plans for each project, based on the type of game, target audience, core mechanics, and the team’s resources.
- Lead in-house research: utilize a broad range of research methods including but not limited to Concept tests, Usability tests, Appreciation test, Focus Groups, Surveys, Competitor Benchmarks, UX Expert Reviews.
- Analyze the results and data, write up reports and present the results to the dev teams, including actionable recommendations.
- Manage external research: contact 3rd parties, discuss and select the right methods, negotiate prices, follow the research closely and ensure everything goes well
- Make sure the dev teams receive the results well and apply recommendations accordingly. Discuss and co-design fixes and improvements directly with them if need be.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Production, Market Research, Analytics, Top Management to make sure that questions are rationalized from a player-centric point of view. Ensure that the best method possible is used to answer a given question.
- Evangelize the teams regarding User Experience & Player-centric approach
- Constantly challenge our methods and help refine our processes
- Assist the User Research Manager in recruiting, training and mentoring Junior researchers
- Help make our games super fun for their specific audience!
Desired skills & experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in UX Design / User Research - whether web/software/games or otherwise.
- Masters degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Ergonomics or other related fields
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong organizational skills and good work methods
- Knowledge of mobile video games (F2P mechanics, engagement and retention strategies, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to work proactively, autonomously, and within a team.
- English and French proficiency
Work at Gameloft?
- The opportunity to join the fast-growing digital sector.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating work environment in a rapidly expanding company.
- Permanent contract, full-time position.
- We are offering relocation support .
- An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Saint-Lazare Station and the Palais Opera Garnier.
- Other benefits at Gameloft HQ: self-serve fresh fruit and warm beverages, lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance coverage.