Senior Gameplay Developer
- Paris, France
The leading creator and publisher of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in App Annie's list of the “Top 10 Most-Downloaded Games Worldwide”. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. With a monthly audience of 114 million unique players in Gameloft games, Gameloft Advertising Solutions offers brands and agencies a unique level of visibility. Gameloft is a Vivendi Group company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Game Lab is a Gameloft Paris team dedicated to creating innovative gameplay and concept work. It has several tasks: devising and fleshing out concept games, testing them using iterative prototyping, developing ideation tools and methods, infusing all Gameloft development teams with creativity, and helping those teams to boost the quality of their games.
As Game Lab's Senior Gameplay Developer, you'll be tasked with handling a broad range of projects to lay the groundwork for our studios' production teams around the world and for our external partners.
Your mission: Boost innovation at Gameloft and the creativity of the teams by producing innovative gameplay, in the form of prototypes and full games that are in keeping with Gameloft's strategy.
· Your main responsibility will be producing prototypes used for assessing assumptions about gameplay. In collaboration with other Game Lab team members, you'll produce rapidly iterated prototypes that will be made available to HQ management, external partners, and production teams around the world.
· You may sometimes, based on Game Lab's tasks at the time, be asked to work on longer-term game projects, in order to check entire game concepts or explore emerging game platforms. You'll therefore take part in all phases of the game conception, from preproduction through release, and on into live operations.
· You'll also work closely with Game Lab's Lead Developer to handle competitive intelligence in terms of tech, and to provide support to Gameloft production teams in the creation of tools and game engines.
· You have a passion for mobile games and know the top-grossing titles like the back of your hand. For you, a job in mobile is your career of choice.
· You have 5 years of experience or more on mobile in an equivalent position.
· You have mastered the use of C# in Unity. You've already taken part in a number of projects that make use of this technology and are able to very quickly get extremely polished results.
· You're versatile and can adapt to a fast-paced working environment where speed and innovation are key.
· You express yourself clearly in English and can hold a (spoken or written) technical conversation in that language.
· Asset: You've mastered Cocos Creator and have already released at least one game that uses that engine.
· Asset: You've already been part of a prototyping cell.
· Asset: You have knowledge of server development and related technologies.
· Asset: You have a keen awareness of mobile game-design issues thanks to your training or experience.
Game Lab Offers You:
· The opportunity to join a dynamic new team. The chance to be there from the beginning of the journey!
· Lots of varied tasks in a lively setting: You'll never get bored at Game Lab!
· An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Saint-Lazare Station and the Palais Opera Garnier.
· Other benefits at Gameloft: self-serve fresh fruit and warm beverages, lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance coverage, daily breakfast.