3D Character Artist
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
As a 3D Character Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Sculpt, model (hi/lo-res) and texture (hand painted/PBR) 3D character assets for mobile platforms while maintaining and pushing Gameloft’s high quality standards.
- Report to the Lead Artist and the Art Director for tasks, revisions, content pipeline/workflow.
- Take full ownership of your tasks, including but not limited to:
- Sculpting/modeling, unwrapping/baking/texturing, 2D/3D optimization.
- Completing 3D related tasks in 3ds Max, ZBrush, proprietary tools and the game engine.
- Work with the production artists, designers and developers to ensure that 3D assets are always game ready.
- Testing and fixing your work in the build.
- Communicating tasks updates to your lead/supervisor, updating the status of your Jira tasks and committing files in a timely manner.
- Learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines.
- Execute clients (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and on time.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with the team members before and after you in the content pipeline (in person/chat/email).
Our ideal candidate will have:
- You have an up to date portfolio showcasing a wide range of stylized character models (sculpts and game ready meshes) demonstrating a solid understanding of anatomy, topology, mesh optimization and hand painted texturing with a focus on polished execution.
- You are passionate about 3D content creation and all things that are game related.
- Expert knowledge of 3ds Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, 3D-Coat, Photoshop.
- Experienced in skinning and rigging for animation.
- You have excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- You are professionally and personally driven: you boldly embrace change and are always willing to grow and learn new things.
- Degree/Diploma in 3D Game Art or equivalent academic or professional experience.
- 4+ years professional studio experience as Character Modeler in the gaming industry is a must.
How to Apply
- Up to date resume in Word or PDF format
- an updated art portfolio/demo reel
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Video game room equipped with your favourites
- Social Club events
- Fresh Fruit every morning
- Mentorship program and expert-led courses to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.