Studio Marketing Director
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As a leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
As part of the global Gameloft Marketing team, you will join a passionate group of gamers and top minds in the business of games, for all platforms and people.
We are looking for the best talents to join our teams, and help recruit, engage and inspire our players – potential and existing, worldwide. Gameloft is at a pivotal time in its development, creating gaming experiences suited for a cross-platform environment adapted to a world where both Free2Play and premium subscriptions models will coexist.
Reporting to the Studio Manager, with a functional reporting line to the VP Marketing & Communication at HQ, the Studio Marketing Director plays a key role in leading the Marketing teams located in the studio and who are managing how the games produced in the studio are taken to market and find their audience.
The Studio Marketing Director is part of the Studio Leadership Team composed of all other specialist Leads (Monetization, Game Design, Art) as well as part of the Global Marketing Leadership Team.
In this capacity, the Studio Marketing Director is a pivoting role, ensuring best execution of Marketing responsibilities across all marketing channels and touchpoints (UA, PR, featuring, social, influence, partnerships) and sharing of best practices as well as raising the strategic and creative bar, whilst addressing higher level topics and launching ad hoc initiatives to make our games more popular and our downloads more numerous.
This role is also about identifying and helping teams identify the tactical actions that will have immediate impact on downloads as much as it is about putting in place the foundational actions and strategy that will keep the game relevant in the future.
The successful candidate must make the most of their leadership abilities, strategic thinking, creative ideas, execution experience, organizational efficiency, and excellent communication skills.
- Lead the marketing mindset and expertise in the studio all along the development and life cycle of the games : from initial ideation to game development and live operations
- Manage the Marketing teams in the studio (Product Marketing Managers, UA Managers, Game Community Managers, Marketing Artists…) – making sure the team is delivering at its best as part of the Game Team
- Raise the bar in strategic thinking linked to superior integrated creative execution that make a difference on the game downloads, DAUs and revenues
- Help teams articulating marketing plans that really connect and synchronize all marketing activities (UA, social, influence, partnerships, featuring etc…) to manage both the always-on and the peak moments around the game, catering for both the game community as well as prospects
- Act as main contact for the studio for all marketing topics discussed between Studio Management and with HQ
- Act as a link between your Marketing team and all other teams within the wider Gameloft Marketing group, including but not limited to platform relationships, local marketing, user acquisition, PR, etc.
- Participate in setting up objectives, adapt and implement the global marketing framework & processes locally, in order to measure and improve the performance of our actions: marketing operations, featuring, partnership, ASO…
- Analyze the marketing strategies and execution on a constant basis and challenge the team to come up with innovative, customer-driven marketing tactics to increase performance across all networks and platforms
- Stay abreast of the market changes, identify best practices from any source and deploy them when/where relevant to make sure the work of the team stays relevant on the market
- When relevant, help ensure smooth and efficient working relationships with partners (special ops, license owners…)
- Hire, train, manage and evaluate the performance of the Marketing team of the studio
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 8-10 years in a marketing position, with at least 2 years managing a team
- Experience in setting and executing marketing plans and campaigns in a fast-moving digital environment
- Experience in User Acquisition and other paid channels and networks
- Experience within the gaming industry or entertainment at large – good knowledge of the industry is a must-have
- Able to work with a large variety of stakeholders located in several countries, in both direct and matrix organizations, and comfortable in navigating both these dimensions
- Great communication skills, English is a must-have, French is a plus
- Proven ability to motivate and influence for a greater marketing impact – leadership is key to the success of this role
- Able to plan, organize and successfully complete several projects simultaneously and within tight deadlines
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Video game room equipped with your favourites
- Social Club events
- Fresh Fruit every morning
- Mentorship program and expert-led courses to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.