- Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
The Technical Manager serves as a technical expert in the team to make sure Gameloft’s players around the world have easy access and top notch experience on our all Gameloft web and mobile services (consumer and corporate sites, customer care, forum, social networks, newsletters, blogs etc…)
He/She will provide his / her technical expertise in relation with our internal clients and other marketing and production teams, and bring top quality standards to our web products.
- Main interface of the team on technical topics, actively handles technical communication, planning, monitoring, reporting and other engagements with other technical teams (network support, security, other marketing and production teams) and with internal clients (in collaboration with Project Managers)
- Provides technical direction for the development, back-office, design and systems integration from definition phase through implementation; suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more effectively
- Search for constant optimization of our services and easy access of our users throughout the world : Tracks and identifies new opportunities for improving the methodology in order to reach an outstanding level of standard for web marketing products
- Owns the TECHNICAL development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the projects
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Produces schedules, costing, scoping documents and technical specifications, and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Keeps Project Managers well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development team and PMs
- Manages the developers of the team and provides technical leadership to the development team for code and process improvements; reviews their work and ensures their adaptation of the new set standards on production
- Oversees the R&D activity
- Local Reporting to : Web Marketing Team Manager, and to HQ Manager
- 5+ years of combined experience in IT, software development or computer networking
- 4+ years solid technical knowledge in website optimization (DB, source code) and web security
- Solid knowledge and/or hands-on production experience in LAMP stack (excellent MySQL), version control system (SVN, Git), ticketing system (Cerberus), mailing solutions, open source forums and blog systems
- 3+ years experience managing multi-team projects and driving on-time execution
- Solid knowledge of media servers, file systems, file transfer technology
- Experience with distributed systems : CDN, memcached, proxy cache
- Excellent planning and organizational skills: able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks; able to see the bigger picture and prioritize accordingly;
- Willingness to jump in when needed and go find answers = solution driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resolves and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion = results driven
- Even-tempered and cool under pressure
- Understands how to communicate difficult / sensitive information tactfully
- Is able to communicate the other technical teams within Gameloft (network etc…) to get their immediate attention and support in solving technical problems
- Communicates effectively with the clients, in cooperation with the Project Manager, in order to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies
- Is able to effectively communicate technical topics to non-technical staff
- Strong logical and problem solving skills, out of the box thinking
- Excellent analytical skills – able to quickly estimate consequences of proposed solutions
- Technical leadership
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Become a part of the talented international team working in a friendly, creative and dynamic environment.
- Competitive salary according to the qualifications.
- Comfortable office situated in convenient location.
- Sponsored team building and other joyful events.
- An opportunity to influence development of the studio.
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now. Send us your CV.