Game Designer (Free-To-Play)
- Budapest, Hungary
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 4,600 employees.
Following the development of many successful titles on mobile devices, such as Iron Man 3, Dragon Mania Legends and City Mania, Gameloft Budapest is currently seeking a Game Designer to work on its franchises.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
- As a free-to-play game designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it, providing constant recommendation on design.
- To do this, pre-release, you’re able to improve the design of the main features a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team.
- Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/under-performing aspects of the game, why, and then provide suggestions for further improvements / solutions to problems.
What we expect:
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones.
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of video games with special focus on casual mobile games.
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance.
- Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills.
- Good knowledge on the use of Excel.
- Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer.
- Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
- Experience in community managing, marketing or product manager
To apply please send us your CV and portfolio (if you have one) by clicking on the 'I'm interested' button.
Looking forward hearing from you.