Senior F2P Designer
- Paris, France
The leading creator and publisher of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in App Annie's list of the “Top 10 Most-Downloaded Games Worldwide”. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. With a monthly audience of 114 million unique players in Gameloft games, Gameloft Advertising Solutions offers brands and agencies a unique level of visibility. Gameloft is a Vivendi Group company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
As a Senior F2P Designer you will be the Game Economy Ambassador in Gameloft’s headquarters, overseeing system design, economy and balancing for all Gameloft games over the world.
Reporting to the World Economy Design Lead located in Barcelona and working closely with the Vice President Monetization in Paris, your responsibilities will mainly include supporting the Executive Producers and Designers in headquarters and worldwide studios, in all the areas mentioned above.
You will be responsible to evangelize the best insights and set up the best processes to ensure the long-term retention of our games is optimum, both for new games under development and for the current portfolio of live games.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the always moving free-to-play business model.
• Reviewing the meta-game design and provide feedback about how it fits with the core gameplay.
• Reviewing the Monetization Strategy Documents in early creation stages to find potential problems before features are actually developed, saving time for the creation teams.
• Reviewing virtual products, their statistics and the user progression pace in order to find any potential problems in the in-game economy that need to be solved.
• Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
• Sharing learning with the monetization department and spreading them to local teams.
• Reviewing tracking metrics to confirm that the game has everything need to analyze it afterwards.
• Helping local teams analyzing the economy and progression data in order to stablish next steps.
- Graduate degree in Economics, Business Management or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing, Market Research or Strategic direction
- Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills
- Mastery of Excel
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, in every platform.
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
- 3 years or more of experience in game economy design or F2P Design
- Wide knowledge about F2P game design, covering all game genres, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance
- Knowledge about Behavioral Economy and how in-game stimuli affect our players in game.
- Experience working with teams abroad
- Understanding of SQL and/or Python.
- Speaking French
WHY JOIN US
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world
- Or, just because you're looking for a fun place to work!