- Kharkiv, Kharkiv Oblast, Ukraine
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
The company has operated in Ukraine since 2007. Gameloft Kharkiv is one of the largest and the most successful Gameloft Studios, which employ more than 360 gamelofters.
Gameloft Lviv is young Studio that has more than 250 gamelofters and continues to grow, establishing full development pipeline for mobile games.
As part of the BI department, you will work on Big Data projects that process large volumes (terabytes of data) either in batch or real time, on premise and in the cloud or on the surrounding infrastructure. The focus is on highly available microservices so any knowledge of distributed systems is a plus.
The successful candidate will be an analytical person with solid computer science knowledge, at least one year of experience working in the Java ecosystem (or similar) and basic knowledge of relational databases. You will have the chance to work with modern application architectures and technologies such as Snowflake, Docker containers, CI/CD systems.
- Understand current implementation, learn and apply best industry standards.
- Maintain the set of core applications.
- Research & develop improved ways of storing and processing data.
- Continuous professional growth using the available resources.
- Technical specifications, design, unit tests and documentation.
- Familiarity with Java SE with Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of SQL or RDBMS (eg. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
- Upper-intermediate English.
- Clean code approaches.
- Knowledge of distributed computing systems.
- Knowledge of Python
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems (Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint).
Nice to have:
- Good team player and communication skills.
- Fast learner and willing to improve himself.
- Self-motivated, resourceful person.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Career-development opportunities.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company.
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.