Senior Game Designer - Editorial
- Paris, France
The leading creator and publisher of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in App Annie's list of the “Top 10 Most-Downloaded Games Worldwide”. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. With a monthly audience of 114 million unique players in Gameloft games, Gameloft Advertising Solutions offers brands and agencies a unique level of visibility. Gameloft is a Vivendi Group company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Game Lab is a Gameloft Paris team dedicated to creating innovative gameplay and concept work. It has several tasks: devising and fleshing out concept games, testing them using iterative prototyping, developing ideation tools and methods, infusing all Gameloft development teams with creativity, and helping those teams to boost the quality of their games.
As the Senior Game Designer – Editorial at Game Lab, you will be involved in Gameloft's overall creative process. Working on a team of industry veterans, you will be the champion of mobile game design, and will share your knowledge and perspective with internal studios and Gameloft's key partners.
Your mission: Boost innovation and team creativity at Gameloft, all while ensuring consistency with our overall strategy.
About you: You have a passion for mobile and are unrivalled in your knowledge of our industry's game-design trends. You know about our past and have great ideas about our future. You want to lend your knowledge and intuition to other talented people around the world, so that your projects can reach the top of the app charts. You are a doer, but also a teacher. You want to be part of a dynamic, independent division, enjoy taking charge of your destiny, and are ready to work hard to fulfil it. You enjoy international, diverse work environments. If all this describes you, you're the perfect fit for the Game Lab!
· As Game Lab's Senior Game Designer – Publishing, your main task is to oversee games made at Gameloft, and to offer production teams your help and advice. Working in close collaboration with the Creation Manager and VP Creation, as well as with the other members of the Game Lab, you will ensure proper adherence to Gameloft's editorial line, all while providing your own recommendations.
· One of Paris's critical tasks is to work with (existing or potential) partners ahead of the preproduction phases, in order to secure major deals by creating game concepts. Disney Magic Kingdoms is now a global phenomenon: Take part in moulding Gameloft's next hit!
· You will also use your passion for mobile game-design theory to build and maintain a database of game-design best practices. Deconstructions, analyses, benchmarking, what worked, what didn't, etc. In collaboration with the other senior designers, you will put together a Gameloft game-design bible to educate new teams and maximise veterans' production speeds.
· Gameloft is home to a massive community of designers located around the world. It will be your responsibility to breathe life into it by using internal tools, in order to foster a creative dynamic at the company.
· You have a passion for mobile games and know the top-grossing titles like the back of your hand. For you, a job in mobile is your career of choice
· You have at least 6 years of experience in mobile production and played a role in the release of at least a few projects belonging to different genres. You enjoy theory but also know how to do your own thing when needed.
· You have extensive knowledge of different facets of game-design theory, including players' need and motivation profiles.
· You're diplomatic and are an expert in your field, which has allowed you to build trusting relationships with the teams you've worked with, whether they've been based in Paris or on the other side of the globe. You're just as comfortable with having a team around you as you are with communicating remotely.
· You express your ideas clearly in English and enjoy working in international, multicultural environments. You're mobile and can travel to meet with other teams.
· Asset: You've been a part of live ops on at least one of your games and are comfortable with KPI analysis and with providing appropriate recommendations.
· Asset: You've already been part of a publishing department or a prototyping cell.
Game Lab Offers You:
· The opportunity to join a dynamic new team. The chance to be there from the beginning of the journey!
· Lots of varied tasks in a lively setting: You'll never get bored at Game Lab!
· An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Saint-Lazare Station and the Palais Opera Garnier.
· Other benefits at Gameloft: self-serve fresh fruit and warm beverages, lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance coverage, daily breakfast.