- Budapest, Hungary
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 4,600 employees.
Following the development of many successful titles on mobile devices, such as Iron Man 3, Dragon Mania Legends and City Mania, Gameloft Budapest is currently seeking a VFX Artist to work on its franchises.
From the beginning of your journey with us, as a VFX Artist you will:
- Create real-time VFX assets for mobile platforms while maintaining and pushing Gameloft’s high quality standards.
- Report to the Lead Artist for tasks, revisions, workflow, training and creative ideas.
- Take full ownership of your tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creating real-time art assets following an established style, palette and templating convention.
- Research, review and present proposals for new features and techniques.
- Work with the production artists, designers and developers to ensure that VFX assets are always game ready.
- Research and develop new tools and techniques, write documentation and training material.
- Testing and fixing your work in the build.
- Communicating tasks updates to your lead/supervisor, updating the status of your Jira tasks and committing files in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate creativity, adaptability to different game and graphic styles.
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions.
- Learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines.
- Playtest and be familiar with the game.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with the team members before and after you in the content pipeline (in person/chat/email).
- Be punctual and attend stand-ups, sprint planning, team and art review meetings.
- Be a team player, be professional and always act in the best interest of the organization.
- You have an up to date demo reel demonstrating a solid understanding of real-time VFXs with the focus on polished execution.
- You have exceptional problem solving, artistic and observation skills; you are passionate about creating and researching real-time VFXs and all things game related.
- You have strong animation, texture painting and lighting skills.
- You have in-depth knowledge of 2D/3D DCC applications (Photoshop, Flash, 3ds Max, After Effects, etc.).
- You have exceptional technical abilities, in depth understanding of a real-time VFX pipeline and a fluent in different game engines, VFX and scripting tools.
- You have excellent communication, and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- You are excited to work in a diverse and challenging work environment.
- You are able to work in large or small teams as well as work independently and take full ownership on your tasks.
- Degree/Diploma in Animation, VFX (real-time) or equivalent academic or professional experience is a bonus.
The stages of the selection process include a home test and two interviews afterwards.
Please apply with your English CV and your portfolio.
We're looking forward hearing from you.