Middle Java Developer (Data Lake team)
- Bucharest, Romania
Gameloft®, leading global publisher of digital and social games, has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat or Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal®, Illumination Entertainment®, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
With offices in over 30 countries, Gameloft is now ramping up its mobile advertising division, taking advantage of its large audience to offer marketers and brands innovative ways to reach their customers.
As part of the Data Lake department, you will work on Big Data projects that process large volumes (terabytes of data) either in batch or real time, on premise and in the cloud or on the surrounding infrastructure. The focus is on highly available microservices so any knowledge of distributed systems is a plus.
The successful candidate will be an analytical person with solid computer science knowledge, at least one year of experience working in the Java ecosystem (or similar) and basic knowledge of relational databases. You will have the chance to work with modern application architectures and technologies such as Docker containers, Ansible, CI/CD systems is also appreciated.
- Understand current implementation, learn and apply best industry standards.
- Maintain the set of core applications.
- Research & develop improved ways of storing and processing data.
- Understand the CI/CD application lifecycle with the help of the DevOps team.
- Continuous professional growth using the available resources.
- Technical specifications, design, unit tests and documentation.
- Familiarity with Java SE with Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of SQL or RDBMS (eg. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
- Fluent in English.
- Clean code approaches.
- Knowledge of distributed computing systems.
- Familiar to a few key NoSQL concepts (CAP theorem, BASE/ACID, indexes).
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems (Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint).
- Microservices approach (Spring Cloud Ecosystem).
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, ElasticSearch.
- Messaging systems such as Artemis, Kafka.
- Good team player and communication skills.
- Fast learner and willing to improve himself.
- Self-motivated, resourceful person.
Why join us:
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world!
- Or, just because you're looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you even more?
- Motivating salary.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- A chance to work in a real multinational team.
- A modern office complex including:
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, Foosball.
- A dedicated kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free aerobic, zumba, Pilates, healthy back, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarten inside our courtyard.