Python Data Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
Gameloft®, leading global publisher of digital and social games, has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat or Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal®, Illumination Entertainment®, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
With offices in over 30 countries, Gameloft is now ramping up its mobile advertising division, taking advantage of its large audience to offer marketers and brands innovative ways to reach their customers.
As part of the Data Lake department, you will work on Big Data projects that process large volumes (terabytes of data) either in batch or real time, on premise and in the cloud. The focus is to build efficient ETL pipelines that support various business use cases, to write advanced data analysis scripts for checking data integrity, diagnosing problems, custom KPIs for business users.
The successful candidate will be an analytical person with solid computer science knowledge, at least three years of work experience, good knowledge of Python, relational databases. A nice plus would be knowledge of the Big Data toolset from Apache, including Hadoop and Spark.
You will work in close contact with colleagues from the Data Science teams, providing support for building advanced analyses, with the Dev Ops team who provide infrastructure support, and with the Data Lake Dev team.
- Develop Python ETL scripts for processing large amounts of data.
- Write efficient code to run analyses on large volumes of data.
- Create and maintain python components that serve as glue between Data Lake systems.
- Research & develop improved ways of storing and processing data.
- Provide support to data scientists that wish to deploy projects in the Data Lake.
- Technical specifications, design, unit tests and documentation.
- Working experience with Python.
- Understanding of Python internals.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (eg. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of distributed computing systems.
- Familiar to a few key NoSQL concepts.
- Experience working with Apache Big Data Stack.
- Messaging systems such as Artemis, Kafka.
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems.
- DevOps best practices – Docker, CI/CD.
- Visualization tools – Matplotlib, Seaborn, Tableau.
- Experience working with JupyterHub / Zeppelin Notebook.
- Good team player and communication skills.
- Fast learner and willing to improve himself.
- Self-motivated, resourceful person.
Why join us:
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world!
- Or, just because you're looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you even more?
- Motivating salary.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- A chance to work in a real multinational team.
- A modern office complex including:
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, Foosball.
- A dedicated kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free aerobic, zumba, Pilates, healthy back, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarten inside our courtyard.