Junior PHP Developer
- Bucharest, Bucharest, ro
Gameloft®, leading global publisher of digital and social games, has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat or Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal®, Illumination Entertainment®, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
With offices in over 30 countries, Gameloft is now ramping up its mobile advertising division, taking advantage of its large audience to offer marketers and brands innovative ways to reach their customers.
We are looking for a Junior PHP Developer who will develop new applications and will also maintain and support intranet applications.
- Development of new applications using advanced technologies.
- Maintain, support and improve complex intranet applications:
- Reporting, ERP and CRM applications.
- Production tracking applications.
- Bug tracking applications.
- Various custom applications for specific needs in support departments (Financial, Production, Business, etc).
- Collecting, storing and processing of huge sets of data from multiple data sources.
- Implementing new ETL processes.
- Maintaining/monitoring performance of existing ETL processes.
- Extracting aggregated sets of data based on client’s custom needs.
Why this job is cool:
- We do real applications, not web-sites.
- We make scalable, distributed decision support systems with rich self-service interfaces and complex logic.
- You’ll become a data warehouse expert, and you’ll be able to play with huge Tera - Petabyte sized databases, like no-where else in Romania.
- You’ll not be only a PHP / MySQL dev. You’ll have the chance to learn many other technologies like: Java / Data warehousing / Spark / NoSql databases / and everything that is new and cool.
- Big international team with experimented developers, with a friendly attitude.
- Freedom to speak, think and express your ideas.
- We do a lot of cool, complex and interesting tasks. Every day you will have something new to learn and we have a focus on employee’s personal development. The tasks are not limited only to writing functions or classes. You will be a part of each project from initiation to delivery.
- No ties, no corporatist thinking, no bossy attitude.
- Good PHP and MySQL skills.
- Very good communication skills and ability to integrate quickly in a team.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN.
- Self-motivated and resourceful person.
- Ability to work as a team player, with initiative and openness.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Python is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Symfony or any other big PHP MVC framework is a big plus.
- Good OOP skills.
- Motivating salary and a merit pay system.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package in partnership with Regina Maria clinic.
- A modern office building including:
- cafeteria with hot food open during working hours;
- gym facilities, free for employees; massage is an option ;
- relaxation area with pool table, table tennis, darts and foosball.
- Increase you knowledge by working in an experienced and professional environment.
- Supportive working climate, a young and dynamic team with a free communication style and also the possibility to make outstanding performances fairly rewarded.