Game Economy Designer
- Cluj-Napoca, Romania
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
We strongly believe in cohesion and team spirit. Creating mobile video games involves strong collaboration with different types of talents. It is the coming together of skills – from producers, developers, game designers, artists, marketers, game monetization managers and more - that creates games people want to play. Here, we learn from each other and value talent more than focusing on hierarchy.
As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it, identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendation on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you’re able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those design refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
Daily challenges include:
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics
- Indentifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly
Who you are?
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
- You have strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- You have strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- You have strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- You possess statistic knowledge, you're able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- You have strong marketing knowledge, you're able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance
- You understand the client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken), concise writing skills
- You are an MS Excel Master
- You have deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones
- You have passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
- Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining
- Mastering of UI prototyping tools such as Flash
- Experience in community managing, marketing or product manager
- Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer
- Advanced understanding of SQL
Why join Gameloft?
- Excellent Social Benefits (Medical insurance package, Gym facilities and swimming pool, free for employees, on site cervical massages on a regular basis)
- The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package
- Career-development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Why Join Gameloft Cluj?
- Cluj is “the Heart of Transylvania”: a cosmopolitan European city and an important destination for business in South-Eastern Europe, with a remarkable potential for foreign investments
- It is one of the most welcoming cities in Eastern Europe
- Cluj succeeds in combining its history and architecture with the fresh and young atmosphere created by the city’s over 80.000 students
- Our studio is a very ambitious one, with a fast growth - it opened in 2010 and we are now proud to have over 250 employees
- Quality comes first: the perfect place for you to make a difference.
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.com
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.