3D Artist - CONTRACT role
- Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
A leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,800 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Gameloft Brisbane is working on awesome games and needs a talented 3D Artist to join us. This position is a contract based role for an initial 6 month period with the possibility of extension.
As a 3D Artist with us, you will:
- Model 3D environments and characters for games on mobile platforms;
- Create textures adapted to low and medium resolutions;
- Collaborate with the Designers and report to the Art Lead for tasks, training, workflows, tool requests and creative ideas;
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to adapt to various game styles and graphic styles (cartoon, realistic, illustration, pixel, etc.);
- Create artwork with the aim of providing new, exciting and imaginative experiences for the player;
- Attend regular team meetings for reporting progress and discussing tasks.
- Academic background in Arts, Fine Arts, 3D Arts or equivalent training;
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in 3D Art, in the games industry, primarily creating environments and characters;
- Proficient in Photoshop and 3DS MAX;
- Proficient in high-poly and low-poly modelling and strong knowledge of various texturing workflows;
- Solid understanding of mesh economy and optimization;
- Solid understanding of composition and staging;
- Strong observation skills and an eye for detail;
- Drawing and illustration skills (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, colours);
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Organized and independent;
- Ability to accurately estimate the time to complete tasks and manage priorities to meet deadlines;
- Video game enthusiast;
- Knowledgeable in contemporary media (web, games, comics, film, animation, etc.).
Please include a portfolio link on your resume submission. Resumes without a portfolio link can not be considered.
This position offers:
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere - we love to play, board games, video games, ping pong and pool!
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great game
- Excellent benefits and studio culture
- An unparalleled opportunity to evolve and grow your career with a vibrant young studio among the stability of a large, self-published company.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing
- You want to work within a team made up of people motivated by and passionate about their field
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers
- You love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues all over the world
- You want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones
- You’re looking for great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space
- Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!