Gameplay Data Tracking Programmer
- Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Join the game!
A Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users, offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
At Gameloft we pride ourselves on our long history of creating popular mobile games with successful licensed IPs. We have continuously created memorable gaming experiences around our beloved brands and characters, which are now enjoyed by millions of mobile gamers around the world.
We are looking for a talented programmer to join us in Brisbane in the role of Gameplay Data Tracking Programmer. In your new role, you will be responsible for the day to day support of the game creation process, integration of tracking solutions in our games and supporting Business Intelligence and Data analysts with appropriate implementation for collecting the data and queries to collected data. This role will also have cross functionality to collaborate with game designers to implement gameplay features and to support the Release and Live Operations teams.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to support development of various gameplay systems.
- Implement the tracking code: identify the required data or a key point in the game code, identify the correct moment in the game flow when the data is valid, collect the data and send it to the tracking servers.
- With collaboration with BI and Data analysts, identify and implement efficient data layout to support complex BI queries.
- Efficiently communicate with the Gameloft global tracking team to ensure correct implementation of tracking in studio games.
- Integrate internal and third party solutions to collect data.
- Design and implement solutions to identify and ban cheaters or provide alternative solutions to deal with cheating players.
- Solid knowledge of C#, sound knowledge of C++
- Solid Python scripting experience
- A proactive attitude towards helping others to get their work done faster and more efficiently
- Working knowledge of 3D Math/ trigonometry
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Solid shell scripting experience (powershell, bash, cmd)
- Strong knowledge of source control management and tools (SVN, GIT)
- Experience on production teams making games for mobile or consoles and PC/Mac
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
Please send us your CV and cover letter outlining why you are our next great hire.
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.